PDA

View Full Version : Advice on mailing a ticket (eBay)

CW
08-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi all,

sorry if this is a bit off-topic...

I sold a ticket on eBay and need to send it with signature confirmation and $300 insurance if possible. Since this is a ticket to a current event, I can mail it in a plain envelope. What is my best option to make sure both the buyer and myself are protected?

I am leaning towards certified with return receipt (lady at the post office told me someone will have to sign for it).

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated

ScottR81
08-15-2011, 02:23 PM
If your that worried just use UPS or Fedex with signature required. you can tracking it all the way and it will show who signed for it and when it was signed for.

mschwade
08-15-2011, 02:25 PM
USPS Delivery Confirmation with Insurance should be suffice. Since it's insured for over $100, they will have to sign for it anyways.

mschwade
08-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Or like Scott said :)

DJR
08-15-2011, 02:50 PM

vintagechris
08-15-2011, 04:05 PM
This is VERY bad advice. If you follow the above advice, you are at the mercy of the buyer, exposed to possible fraud and eBay / Paypal will always rule against you. They require an electronic signature viewable online. The cost effective way is to use a bubble envelope, stuff it with some paper so it is 1'' or so thick (in compliance), and purchase Signature Confirmation by filling out the pink USPS Signature Confirmation form. I am not sure if you are permitted to insure event tickets via USPS but a Google search would answer this question. I despise UPS...FedEx is good but more expensive.

+1. This is what you need to do to cover both you and buyer without any issues.

mschwade
08-15-2011, 05:09 PM
My bad, good to know... Been doing that for years too, so I guess I was just lucky I've never got burnt.

CW
08-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Thankyou very much to all for the advice! :)

BTW, I did some research regarding insurance and I will only
be covered the cost of face value on the tickets, per USPS rules.