PDA

View Full Version : as a seller???

benderbroeth
08-10-2011, 01:33 PM
have you ever had sold a lot of cards to several people then a week later you get a message from someone saying "hey have you sent the cards?" and wow you look sand there they are? i somehow really messed up and done this am i the only one?

glchen
08-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I haven't had that happen to me before ... yet ... but then again I'm not a big seller. However, that happened to me before as a buyer, where the seller just completely forgot to send the cards. He apologized profusely and sent me some bonus filler cards.

brob28
08-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Like Gary, I have not done that myself. But just last week I received the wrong card a '54 topps instead of a '56. Seller offered a full refund as he can't get a response form any other buyers to find out where the card went.

Jay Wolt
08-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Never happened to me either (knock on wood)
Its pretty simple, when I get paid for a lot, eBay or otherwise, I package & ship it at that point.
Never a problem unless UPS or FedEx doesn't do its job & deliver it, then again that doesn't happen all that much.

rainier2004
08-10-2011, 05:06 PM
You think thats bad, well...

I used to deliver pizza for years going thru school and on more than one occasion I would have literally driven all the way to their dorm and returned to the store to grab the bag and still have the pizza inside....kind of embarrassing when its busy and your boss watches you pull right back out the parking lot.

atx840
08-14-2011, 02:08 PM
A board member sold me a card, 3 weeks later claimed that he had been to busy to ship it but would get it out soon. Then 8 weeks after I bought it claimed could not find card and sent refund.

Card was one I needed for a set and have passed on a few since :(

drc
08-15-2011, 09:13 AM
It happens. Buyers are usually understanding, having done bone headed mistakes themselves sometimes.

Big Ben
08-15-2011, 09:49 AM
A friend of mine who is an ebay seller did this a few years ago. As always, communication solves a lot of problems.