PDA

View Full Version : Just recovered some of my "stolen " cards at the national thanks to 4 sharp corners

forazzurri2axz
08-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Well, I was one of the unlucky ones at the National---I had two sets stolen, a complete 1970 Topps Basketball and 1979-80 OPC Hockey. These were 2 of 40 sets I had on my tables. Each set had several of the top cards PSA graded and in a display case, the rest of the set raw in a binder. Luckily, they didn't get the key graded cards.
In addition, I was missing 10 GRADED cards from the case, 1972 Topps Football (Staubach Rookie, Namath etc all in PSA 8). I figured someone had gotten in the case when I was showing some graded cards to another person. The GOOD NEWS is that I just got a call from Stan House at 4 Sharp Corners--They had purchased about 8 of the sets the first day and the cards were accidentally put in the stacks with the graded cards of the 8 sets they purchased....
So a BIG kudos for their honesty---many people would probably not been as honest......so if you are wondering about doing business with them in the future, here's aanA++ recomendation
(If only the 2 raw sets had accidentally ended up with them, I'd have them back as well)

Bill Latzko---770 873 1181

tbob
08-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Bill, glad at least some of the cards showed up, sorry about the missing sets, that sucks royally.
Sorry, we didn't get a chance to meet at the National, hope to see you in the future.
tbob

Tony Gordon
08-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Glad to hear you recovered some of your cards. I truly believe that the majority of vintage dealers are honest, good people. I talked to just about every vintage dealer on Friday and they were all sympathetic and concerned about my theft. I was not aware that you had lost cards as well. I would like to keep a running list out there of the cards stolen at the National this year. If anyone else had cards stolen please let me know. I will be handing out a sheet this weekend at the regular local Chicago (Orland Park) and Milwaukee (Gonzaga) shows. If you had cards stolen this past week at the National and would like your name and phone number added to the list, please let me know.

The following binders were stolen at the National:

1970 Topps basketball complete set
1979-80 Topps hockey complete set
'48/49 Leaf, 49 thru 52 Bowman, '52 Topps commons
1963 Topps baseball near complete set (missing the Rose only)
1953 Bowman Color complete set

Also, a 1965 Topps Joe Namath PSA 9 was taken from a display case.

To all, please keep an eye out for these cards at future shows, at your shop and online. Thanks!

Tony Gordon
08-10-2011, 01:06 PM
One more to add to the list.

A 1960 Topps set was taken on Saturday.

HaloFan
08-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Tony,

Mostly a lurker on these boards, so this is my first post, but I had a yellow 1950 Topps John Miller 1950 feltback stolen at the National. I actually have a picture of it before it was stolen, though it's not that clear. It's about VG/EX condition and if I can remember had two light horizontal creases going across from the right side. Not as pricey as some of the other stuff that was stolen, but bummed nonetheless.

Craig

Exhibitman
08-10-2011, 06:32 PM
was there an inordinate degree of thievery at this show?