PDA

View Full Version : Ruth ball & The National

ScottR81
08-08-2011, 12:14 PM
So I was at the National this weekend in Chicago, mostly to get a Ruth ball I had just purchased PSA/DNA'ed. I first brought the ball to one of the large auction booths, (when you first walk in) just to get a more expert opinion before I submitted the ball for $250.00 and just wasted dough. The gentlemen at the booth said not only did it look like an original Ruth but also a possible Bob Meusel signature as well off to the side.

2 hours later I get my ball back from PSA and come to find out I have genuine Ruth & Meusel signatures. (Awesome!)

Now the PSA cert also shows that the writing that appears on one side of the ball was also in the hand of Ruth and reads, "To the Minneapolis AC Clubs".

So my question for you guys is, does anyone know of any story or charity game that was played in Minnesota in the 20's that I can connect this ball and its writing to? I looked on google but nothing came up. the "Babe" portion of the signature in writen just like that in quotes so I was told it dates pre 28.

Any idea's anyone has on this would be great.

dwr11
08-08-2011, 01:42 PM
I don't know the specifics but Ruth played in some type of charity game in Minneapolis. He signed 100 baseballs which were given out in some way to fans who attended the game.

Moesalty
08-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Not exactly sure, but the ball is sweet!

CFSodano
08-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Hey Scott,

anyway to see scans of the ruth sig????

Regards,
Christian

ScottR81
08-10-2011, 11:01 AM
little beat up but still pretty good.

CFSodano
08-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Sweet ball man!

Regards,
Christian

travrosty
08-10-2011, 11:45 PM
he did play charity/exhibition game(s) in Minnesota.