PDA

View Full Version : What's the most interesting collection you've heard of that is not yours?

almostdone
08-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I have been collecting vintage cards off and on for over a decade and have met and talked with interesting people. One of the things most collectors have in common is to talk about what they are working on at the time.

I thought it might be interesting to share and hear of some of those collections that others are doing but instead of focusing on your own collection what have you heard of that others were doing that you thought was cool or interesting?

For example a number of years ago I was selling some cards at a small local show in Atlanta and an older gentelman look feaverishly through my 50's commons. I asked if he was completing a set. He said he wasn't building a set but rather he collected rookie cards of any Major League family members. He was looking to see if I had a Ray Boone RC (I didn't). That would complete his "Boone Family" rookie set (ie Ray, Bob, Aaron, and Brett) I thought that was pretty neat.

So what collections have you heard of that were different than the norm (ie a set, HOFer, team, etc)?

Just thought it might make some interesting chat.
Drew