PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article by CJ Nitkowski on Stem Cell Arm Treatment (ala Colon)

canjond
08-04-2011, 08:59 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/08/02/nitkowski/?sct=hp_t12_a1

steve B
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Interesting article.

Genzyme has had a cartilage repair process for knees for a while now. It regrows cartilage as a replacement for some damaged by repetetive trauma. When a friend of mine that worked in different department told me about it I found it amazing and also asked about investing. I couldn't invest, but he did ask why I thought it was such a big deal as he figured it wouldn't be a big seller at 30K a treatment. I asked him how much it would be worth for say a star quarterback to add a few more years onto his career, or for that matter any prime player. He got that almost instantly.

Steve B

tiger8mush
08-04-2011, 12:06 PM
its natural cuz its your own blood, but its not natural cuz they are extracting stuff from different parts of your body and playing physicist with it and throwing it back in you.

its not just a massage or sitting in a bath of ice or eating properly.

but then again, it seems like its just healing your body in a more effective way, not making you stronger/faster etc.

i can be swayed on my opinion as I really don't know what to make of this. MLB is allowing it so they must feel alright with it.

steve B
08-04-2011, 06:16 PM
WADA seems ok with it too, and they're against pretty much anything. I'm surprised they haven't banned training/practice.

Steve B