PDA

View Full Version : Is there a vintage card checklist app out there?

judsonhamlin
08-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Now that I am moving to an iPad and away from my desk top, are there any app's that you can recommend for this device so I carry it with me to shows, etc?
My app store searches haven't been fruitful yet.
Thanks.

White Borders
08-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Can't remember for sure, but I'm thinking Trae has some apps.

Found what I was thinking of, but don't think it's quite what you want: http://www.livetocollect.com/t206_gallery/

T206.org
08-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks, Craig. I have put some time into building a checklist app, but it's far from finished. Hopefully I'll have something ready, for T206 at least, by the 2012 National.

I recall this question being asked before and I think there are a few ways to tackle it with existing things like Excel Spreadsheets and stuff, on your phone. A quick search of the forum might yield some results.

On a side note, we're working on a new version of T206.org right now too (years now, haha...), that I aim to make fairly mobile friendly, especially the features like checklists that visitors will use on their devices.

smtjoy
08-02-2011, 06:46 PM
While VCP does not have a checklist per say (I wish they would look into it), i do use the my collection fully so its very easy to look up what cards I do have in any set, as well as nice to look up prices of cards at shows and such on my phone.

BobbyVCP
08-03-2011, 01:41 AM
While VCP does not have a checklist per say (I wish they would look into it), i do use the my collection fully so its very easy to look up what cards I do have in any set, as well as nice to look up prices of cards at shows and such on my phone.

Can you contact me about this because I thought we do provide check lists in all of our set profile pages.

rdwyer
08-03-2011, 07:56 AM
You can make a pdf checklist, and then use one of many pdf readers for your iPhone.

smtjoy
08-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Hi Bobby, you do provide a full listing of a set in VCP but when I think checklist I think it is a way to easily show what cards I have and which I need in a set. I can pull up in my collection all my 1933 exhibits I own but its still very hard to have to go thru to figure out which I need and thats a small set. If you are collecting a large set its much harder. Look at the PSA or SGC registry for an example, its what they do very well. It would be awesome to show something like this-

1 Adams/Frisch/Gilbert/Hallahan
2 Averill/Ferrell/Morgan/Sewell Cle AL SGC 40
3 Bartell/Benge/Hurst/Klein Phi NL SGC 40
4 Berger/Maranville/Spohrer/Zachary Bos NL SGC 10
5 Berry/Blue/Lyons/Seeds
6 Berry/MacFayden/Rhyne/Webb
7 Cochrane/Foxx/Grove/Simmons
8 Critz/Fitzsimmons/Lindstrom/O'Farrell NY NL SGC 10
9 Dickey/Lazzeri/Pennock/Ruth NY AL SGC 50
10 Douthit/Grantham/Hafey/Lucas
11 English/Grimm/Root/Stevenson Chi NL SGC 30
12 Farrel/Goslin/Gray/Melillo St L AL PSA 1
13 Gehringer/Ruel/Stone/Uhle Det AL SGC 10
14 Judge/Manush/Marberry/Spencer Was AL SGC 30
15 Lopez/O'Doul'Vance/Wright Bro NL SGC 10
16 Suhr/Thevenow/Waner/Waner

I do have one thing I would like to see added to VCP and thats when adding a card to my collection I would like there to be a Raw choice (for Grader) and to be able to add a condition factor Vg, EX etc (on the Grade part) to it. Right now I use auth to add raw but I have a bunch of auth graded cards so it gets pretty confusing.

campyfan39
08-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Totally agree on VCP adding "raw" or "pure" option. I like the idea behind their service but do not deal in graded cards.