PDA

View Full Version : Pre-war & Vintage Ebay Seller with Feedback Score of Zero???

jg8422
08-01-2011, 05:22 AM
Does anybody know about this seller? Would you stay away from him?

http://shop.ebay.com/kwseller2011/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Maybe he opened up a new account after getting the boot or having terrible feedback? Thoughts?

Brendan
08-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Does anybody know about this seller? Would you stay away from him?

http://shop.ebay.com/kwseller2011/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Maybe he opened up a new account after getting the boot or having terrible feedback? Thoughts?
Well, if he had gotten the boot he would not have been able to open up a new account unless he was extremely knowledgeable. It doesn't look like there is anything unusual going on. Because of eBay giving many sellers limits, a lot of Bayers are opening up multiple accounts so they are able to sell more. It looks like this is the case here.

bobbyw8469
08-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Yes...looks ok to me. He is not selling high grade Babe Ruths, so I doubt it is a scam artist. Ebay is changing the way most sellers think/do business thanks to their bone headed moves.

36GoudeyMan
08-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Just a wild guess....

bh3443
08-01-2011, 10:44 AM
It looks like it's a new account similar to when I started mine a few months ago. I got a 10 item limit the first month, then it went to 100 and to 170. I only had one person not accept a bid in the beginning when my feedback was low.
As the months progressed and the feedback remained positive and the account was problem free, I earned the right to list more things.

With the limits on ebay and the pay pal buyer protection I would give him a shot. I like the 34 Goudey Hugh Critz card listed!

Bosox Blair
08-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Just a wild guess....

I doubt that is Kirk Welch. I have always known Kirk to operate out of TN, not TX as this new eBayer does.

Kirk is a great dealer - I remember hanging out at his booth and buying a bunch of stuff from him 15 years ago at a big show.

Cheers,
Blair