PDA

View Full Version : one week until Nationals in Rosemont

HOF Yankees
07-28-2011, 11:58 PM
finally a card show I can pick up vintage off my want lists. My first nationals ever I cant wait to get there, going to be a great experience. anyone else going to pick up want list stuff?

i might go after psa yankees pre 73, yankees memorabilia, elvis stuff and tobacco cards and any singles from major sets.

freakhappy
07-29-2011, 12:28 AM
It's definitely going to be an awesome time...this will be my fourth time experiencing the National and it definitely lives up to expectations.

This year will be my first year going for more than one day...two days this time around and I'm really looking forward to it. Me and a few buddies and wives are making the trip from Ohio and are ecstatic. This weekend we are going over each of our want list and making sure we have a somewhat clear plan. The National is very overwhelming and it can literally take one full day or two to really appreciate and soak in all of what there is to offer.

I collect T206's and Mantles mainly, but will be looking to add a few obscure backs to my collection...I think a Carolina Brights back is something I'm going to pursue heavily at the show. Thing is, your plan may change when you walk through the door....

Mike

atx840
07-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Can not attend but needs some help ;)

Can someone keep an eye out for the two cards in my sig, Ill take almost any condition up to PSA 5/SGC 60. Ill make it worth your while!

freakhappy
07-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Hey Chris,

I'll write those two down and keep an eye out for them...I'll be mainly looking for 206's anyway, so maybe I'll see 'em there.

Mike

HOF Yankees
07-29-2011, 04:21 PM
hey chris are they T206s

atx840
07-29-2011, 04:42 PM
hey chris are they T206s

Yes sir.

HOF Yankees
07-29-2011, 08:17 PM
ok i'll take a look, any certain backs you need or are any good

Tim Kindler
07-29-2011, 08:49 PM
My wife knows that the night before I go to the National is like Christmas Eve when you were a kid. I have trouble falling asleep because I can't wait for the next day to get here. I live in between Chicago and Cleveland, so each time it is at one of those two places, I get up at 5 am on one of the days, usually Saturday or Friday, and make the 3-4 hour drive to either place. It feels like my Christmas day as a kid. Thankfully, my Christmas Holidays have a much deeper, spiritual, and family meaning now, but I think you get what I mean. No matter what the adults said, Christmas when you are a kid was about getting, not giving:D

Really looking forward to my first Net 54 dinner and my 9th National!

Jewish-collector
07-29-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm really looking forward to my 5th straight National and 7th overall. And, really glad the Net54 dinner is back on this year as it is one of the most enjoyable parts of the entire National weekend experience. Unlike previous years where I only went on Thurs & Fri, I plan to be at this National all the days, except Sunday.

I'm a little disappointed that there doesn't seem to be the buzz & excitement on this and other message boards for this National as there was for previous Nationals a few days before it gets going. Perhaps that some collectors that went last year to Baltimore are not going this year, since it's not on the east coast. Hopefully, attendance will be good.

Alan

07-29-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm looking forward to my 2nd National and my 1st Net54 dinner.

And for you Alan, Coca-colas all around!

freakhappy
07-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Tim, I can totally relate with you on this one. Like a lot of people on this site, card collecting really gets me pumped and when I was first introduced to the National in 2006, it was like I was in heaven, so to speak. In '06 I loved collecting, but am a lot more serious and knowledgeable nowadays. Even more excited now b/c I collect 206's and there is plenty of those to go around!

At least card collecting can let us feel young again and the National gives us something to look forward to in the hobby once a year! It's like the Super Bowl of card shows and everyone is invited :D

Mike

bh3443
07-30-2011, 11:59 PM
I just want to extend my best wishes to you all, and to say that everyone has a great time at the show and finds things to add to your collections.
Some of my close friends from this area and all over the US and Canada are on their way to the event. This year will be another great event.
In the last few years as our hobby has changed dramatically I feel blessed to be a part of our wonderful group here on Net 54. You have all been simply great and a big part in my battling this illness. My progress and the fact that I am simply feeling better is directly related to my relationship with our group.
With this said, go forth and have a great show! I've sent my best regards to you all through various friends and members attending and this post just lets you all know that I sincerely wish you all the best.
If you get a chance after the show, please post some photos from the Net 54 dinner. Although i recognize most of you, it's always nice to see the names next to photos of our group.
My traveling to shows ended in 2008, however I plan on attending our Boston area Net 54 meeting in late August/early September and I hope to see many of you there. It's a pleasure as well as an honor to be associated with such a fine class of hobbyists. Remember what I always say: Net 54 is the future of our grand hobby!
Have a safe trip!
Your Friend,
Bill Hedin

Gradedcardman
07-31-2011, 08:40 AM
I get to Chicago Tuesday and leave saturday after I get some Blyleven autos. Now I have to decide whether to buy for me or to buy to resale !! This will be my 4th National and 2nd consectutive. I went to 2 in the early 90's before life happened !! Looking forward to my first Net54 dinner as well.

molen
08-02-2011, 01:06 PM
I cannot wait for this weekend. Will be my 2nd National but definitely not my last. I'm driving from Philly to Chicago (my hometown) on Thursday. I plan on spending Friday and Saturday there. Last year in Baltimore I didn't leave myself nearly enough time to explore, so I'm giving myself all weekend this year. Over the last few weeks my want list has grown and grown. I know there are a whole bunch of T206s looking for a new home! See you all there..

jp1216
08-02-2011, 01:18 PM
I've been to a few over the past 10 years, but have yet to venture outside of Cleveland for one. I'm already kicking myself for not making it to Chicago this year. 2012 planning is already underway! For those who can attend - enjoy!

HOF Yankees
08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
well the big day is here

atx840
08-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Good luck everyone! Next year I will venture down from snowy Canada. Thanks to those who are keeping an eye out for the cards in my sig!