PDA

View Full Version : Football Catalog

MacrosB
07-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Since there is no longer a Standard Catalog issued for football cards, does anyone have a recomendation of a catalog to use that does a good job of listing football sets, especially older sets. I really don't care about anything after 91 and really could do with only sets from 81 and before. Maybe one of the old standard catalogs, SCD or Tuff Stuff, would work. Anyone have a favorite? Thank-you,

Jim

clamendo
07-29-2011, 06:37 PM
The latest Beckett FB catalog is by far the most comprehensive. In my opinion, the SCD FB catalog was very incomplete. I don't know of any advanced collectors who actually use it, accept I know of a few dealers who use it to buy from unsuspecting collectors since the prices seem low.

Also, I decided to take a quick look at the vintagecardprices.com because I may be bring some of my vintage tobacco, caramel, strip non-sports cards to the National. It seems like a good reference for standard issues, but I had difficulty finding any old "N"/"T" card single/set sales. I decided to try some old football, again similar results,

If you want any info on any sets - feel free to post on this forum. There are alot of knowlegeable people who will help out.

Jewish-collector
07-29-2011, 06:48 PM
My favorite is a publication that was produced by Carl Lamendola. :D:D:D:D:D