PDA

View Full Version : Catalog pages with your cards?

cozmokramer
07-24-2011, 07:18 AM
With all the posts about seeing people's displays, do many of you save the full size or half size pages from the auction catalogs when you buy the card?

I'd love to see how someone may be displaying the two of them side by side, I thought that would be nice to see.

HRBAKER
07-24-2011, 07:22 AM
When I buy a card or a piece in a major auction (rare, but does occasionally happen) I usually tear out the page, staple it to the invoice and throw it in a manilla folder in the file cabinet. I wouldn't display them because I don't want people to know how much anything costs because then that's all they want to talk about.

Leon
07-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Even a bit cooler than sales catalogs, to me, would be to see Forum members cards that made it into the price guides and other reference material. I believe I still have quite a few in that realm....especially since I have been a bidder in Lipset's auctions for about 10yrs or more. And many of the items I won were from his collection as well as were the examples he used in his Encyclopedia for reference. Most of these cards are shown in the Encyclopedia...The T231 Baker is in the SCD.....there are more but this should get the ball rolling.....

And not to dismiss what the original poster requested, it would be fun to see those, though, personally they don't interest me as much, they would still be neat to see.

slidekellyslide
07-24-2011, 08:43 AM
I believe one of my cards will be included in the new SCD big book as they are the only ones known....I don't tear the page out of the book on the few items I've purchased from catalog auctions over the years...I save the whole book.

On a different note on image use, I have had numerous ebay sellers steal my images from my photobucket to use as their own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Matte-PHOTO-Reprint-Nebraska-Greens-Baseball-team-/230651057422?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item35b3dfd50e