PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Robinson Barack Obama Coach's Corner

thetruthisoutthere
07-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Over the years Coach's Corner Auctions led by Scott Malack and Lee Trythall, have listed some very "incredible" autograph items; autograph items that major auction houses can only dream about. But this one takes the cake and it's so obviously fake that it is ridiculous.

It is a Jackie Robinson and Barack Obama signed baseball. We all know that Mr. Robinson passed away in October 1972; almost 39 years ago. But incredibly, the owner of the baseball (after it was signed by Jackie) held onto the ball (or maybe a family member) for Mr. Obama to sign. What is also incredible is that the same pen was used for both signatures. And the same pen pressure, too. Incredible. And it is certified as genuine by Ted Taylor.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/222/jackie-robinson--barack-obama-dual-signed-tta-certified-baseball.aspx

GrayGhost
07-22-2011, 01:01 PM
And , again, this stuff can be allowed to go on? Seriously, Chris, you talk bout the same pen pressure, same pen, etc. Isn't that considered evidence that they could NOT have been signed 40 years or so apart, maybe more? I would think there is a one in a thousand chance, the SAME PEN< would have the SAME PRESSURE and SAME INK STRENGTH after all these years. Wouldn't a court say that the preponderence of evidence screams FAKE????

brickyardkennedy
07-22-2011, 01:10 PM
If there's anyone walking this earth, who would buy this, believing it's real, I hope they're confined somewhere safe.

scooter729
07-22-2011, 01:29 PM
That pen has been around a while and seen some famous hands. It was in service during the 1950s, getting a workout from Joltin' Joe and Marilyn. What a lucky pen!

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/222/marilyn-monroe-joe-dimaggio-hand-signeddated--certified-baseball.aspx

scooter729
07-22-2011, 01:33 PM
WAIT - I've got a new favorite!!!

Do you think Orville Wright usually spelled his own name wrong in his signatures??? This is CLASSIC!

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/222/wright-brothers-hand-writtencertified-letter-from-1902.aspx

For comparison, the CC version and a legit version.

jerseygary
07-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I usually read these CC threads for pure fun and a cheap chuckle, but for some reason this one really makes me angry.

thetruthisoutthere
07-22-2011, 01:44 PM

Do you think Orville Wright usually spelled his own name wrong in his signatures??? This is CLASSIC!

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/222/wright-brothers-hand-writtencertified-letter-from-1902.aspx

Nice catch, Scooter.

GoldenAge50s
07-22-2011, 01:49 PM
If they couldn't convict Casey Anthony, how in the world would they ever get Coach's Corner? They are safe forever!

Mr. Zipper
07-22-2011, 05:18 PM
It was nice of Jackie to sign it high on the panel so Barry O would have the perfect amount of space 40 years later.

:D

travrosty
07-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Strange its signed full name barack when the owner of the ball probably wouldnt want it signed until he made sure that obama won the presidency to become the first black president to complete the motif, by then he was msotly signing his shortened name Barack as President without the full first name or if he signed more than a B it was pretty messy, just kind of a line.

a single signed jackie robinson would be more desirable and worth more anyway than a dual signed robinson-obama. how many people who own single signed ruth balls added hank aaron, or barry bonds to it. only a very few. it would devalue the ball.

If it it would make the ball worth more, the line for the hank aaron or barry bonds signature at the shows would be full of ruth ball owners, but they are not, i would think the same would go for robinson-obama balls. why arent the robinson single signed ball owners pining to get obamas name on it too? they are not.

because the price of the ball would go down. better to get a single signed obama ball and display them side by side.

GrayGhost
07-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Strange its signed full name barack when the owner of the ball probably wouldnt want it signed until he made sure that obama won the presidency to become the first black president to complete the motif, by then he was msotly signing his shortened name Barack as President without the full first name or if he signed more than a B it was pretty messy, just kind of a line.

a single signed jackie robinson would be more desirable and worth more anyway than a dual signed robinson-obama. how many people who own single signed ruth balls added hank aaron, or barry bonds to it. only a very few. it would devalue the ball.

If it it would make the ball worth more, the line for the hank aaron or barry bonds signature at the shows would be full of ruth ball owners, but they are not, i would think the same would go for robinson-obama balls. why arent the robinson single signed ball owners pining to get obamas name on it too? they are not.

because the price of the ball would go down. better to get a single signed obama ball and display them side by side.

The reason isn't whats important. That is another of the Roache's Fantasy stories. ITS JUST A HORRIBLE Forgery. and a disgrace.

Oh, the WRight bros letter. Orville's pencil ran out of lead at the EXACT moment he left off the e in his name. haha.

I look forward to people posting more of this month's CRAP from the future jailbirds at the Roach.

RichardSimon
07-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Maybe Lee and Scott can plead insanity when this insanity finally is ended.
Who but the insane can possibly be bidding on this crap.
Don't people even think for one second before bidding on crap like this?
Don't people know that TT is barred by ebay?
Over under on this ball is $47, how can anyone in this world be stupid enough to bid on it?

thetruthisoutthere
07-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Here's another winner listed by Lee Trythall and Scott Malack of Coach's Corner Sports Auctions. A first baseman's mitt signed by Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Connie Mack. Forensically examined by Chris Morales as genuine signatures. This is the same Forensic Investigator who doesn't know that Orville is spelled "Orville" and not "Orvill."

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=276309

gnaz01
07-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Hey Chris, at least it is worth $158 to someone as of now :D:D

thetruthisoutthere
07-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Another masterpiece listed by Coach's Corner Auction. It is a baseball signed by Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe, WC Fields, Vivian Leigh, Lou Costello, Edward G. Robinson, Humphrey Bogart, etc. All of the signatures were forensically examined by Chris Morales, Forensic Investigator. Part of the auction description reads "You will never see another one like it." Yeah right.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=276942

canjond
07-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Is it just me or does it look like CC is getting better at Ruth signatures? Some are blatantly wrong, but some look quasi-close.

RichardSimon
07-23-2011, 08:43 AM

This one looks like it is coming from Mr. M,,, he is getting careless.

thetruthisoutthere
07-23-2011, 09:58 AM
As per Lee Trythall, "A must have for the Koufax collector."

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/222/sandy-koufax-autographedinscribed-baseball-bat.aspx

travrosty
07-25-2011, 04:41 PM
i think some of the bidders know but want to flip it with the certificate elsewhere.

milkit1
07-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I like how they got marilyn monroe on a bal signed by wc fields who died before she was even in a film on a ball that looks like its from the 70s.

tinkereversandme
07-25-2011, 05:35 PM
That Obama / Robinson ball is beyond amusing. Who are these consignors? Where is the law? Can it make collecting and this hobby look any goofier? Who would buy that? Does any of this surprise me?

Of course not. It's Coach's Corner!

Larry

earlywynnfan
07-25-2011, 06:54 PM
I like how they got marilyn monroe on a bal signed by wc fields who died before she was even in a film on a ball that looks like its from the 70s.

HEY! Stop being negative! The faithful collector obviously got Fields and the others, then not only kept the ball but the same pen to later add Monroe. It could happen!

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

GrayGhost
07-25-2011, 07:25 PM
HEY! Stop being negative! The faithful collector obviously got Fields and the others, then not only kept the ball but the same pen to later add Monroe. It could happen!

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Yes, and I could wake up and look like Tom Cruise, instead of Santa on Crack.:eek::rolleyes: