PDA

View Full Version : National Grading Special for Net54?

Taxman
07-19-2011, 06:58 AM
BGS usually offers the guys over on the FCB board a special for grading at Big Shows...For example at the Atlanta Show they offered $6.00 for a raw card review and then 10.00 for encapsulation....Does anyone know if SGC will be offering anything at the National.

Thanks for the help.

Leon
07-19-2011, 07:19 AM
I don't know but I bet I can make a call today and see what we can do,( but no promises). SGC has always been very nice to Net54baseball and our members.....best regards

quinnsryche
07-19-2011, 07:26 AM
How about PSA? I need a couple cards DNA'd for autographs and would like to know ahead of time.
Thanks!

Leon
07-19-2011, 07:34 AM
How about PSA? I need a couple cards DNA'd for autographs and would like to know ahead of time.
Thanks!

They won't even let me be on their message boards so I have no idea. I think they think I don't like them.....which is far from the truth. How can you not like an inanimate object? One of these days I might meet Joe O and get it squared away but for now I am quite sure there won't be a National- Net54baseball- PSA special.

Taxman
07-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Thanks Leon...

07-19-2011, 08:04 AM
They won't even let me be on their message boards so I have no idea. I think they think I don't like them.....which is far from the truth. How can you not like an inanimate object? One of these days I might meet Joe O and get it squared away but for now I am quite sure there won't be a National- Net54baseball- PSA special.

I was going to ask about PSA too. That stinks. :(

E93
07-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Although it seems to have lightened up a bit in the last year or so, this forum has a long-cultivated and well-deserved reputation for PSA bashing. Leon is just letting people voice their opinions, but I can certainly understand why PSA would not be inclined to do any favors for this board.
JimB

Leon
07-19-2011, 08:27 AM
I just spoke to SGC and will be speaking with them later today about a special. I will also give my good friends at Beckett a call and see if there is anything they can do too...

Once again, I don't dislike PSA. I do however, as Jim said, let folks voice their opinions. That might ruffle some feathers with our members and PSA.....just like when Dorskind was allowed back. Some folks probably hated that too but I felt giving another chance was the right thing to do. It didn't work out but at least I tried. More details later....

HRBAKER
07-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Jim is right, and some of it was well earned. ;)

tbob
07-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks Leon, a Net 54 Special by SGC would be much appreciated. Please let us know the final outcome.
tbob

Leon
07-19-2011, 12:49 PM
I just spoke with SGC again. I gave them some pretty good thoughts on specials (free is best but I doubt we will get that) they are going to discuss and get back with us. I should know more by the end of the week. I also put in a call to Beckett and hope to have an answer by end of week from them too...regards

JeremyW
07-19-2011, 02:04 PM
& thanks to Leon for following up on it. Much appreciated.

Bosox Blair
07-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks Leon,

A Net54 SGC special would be great - I'd definitely participate.

FWIW, before Michael G. came back on board I traded e-mails with the SGC customer service rep. He indicated that they would do a better price for on-site grading if I wanted to do: (a) minimum 10 cards, and (b) drop cards Wednesday and not pick up until the final day of the show.

Cheers,
Blair

DanP
07-19-2011, 04:24 PM
.just like when Dorskind was allowed back. Some folks probably hated that too but I felt giving another chance was the right thing to do. It didn't work out but at least I tried. .

Is Bruce gone? Whilst, amongst .... we didn't even notice.

Leon
07-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Is Bruce gone? Whilst, amongst .... we didn't even notice.

He is gone again.....just couldn't play well with others. It's too bad as he does know a lot about the hobby and could have been a positive contributor.

DJR
07-19-2011, 07:38 PM

Robextend
07-19-2011, 07:55 PM
However, from my experience, PSA graders are tougher on cards at the National.

If that is true, I don't understand why that would be the case. Shouldn't the graders grade the same under any circumstance?

DJR
07-19-2011, 08:31 PM

GehrigFan
07-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Hello Fellow Net54ers:

On behalf of Beckett Grading, we would like to extend a special offer to all of you for grading at the 2011 National, at a flat 20% off regular grading fees on any BGS or BVG services. This can be used for on-site grading or for drop-off submissions. Please simply bring a printed copy of this post to drop off with your order.

20% OFF GRADING FEES*

*Cannot be combined with any other coupon, discounted offers, or promotion. Offer does not apply to BGS/JSA submissions. Offer valid for all new orders submitted at the 2011 NSCC Show, and cannot be retroactively applied to orders that were previously submitted or are in the possession of Beckett Grading currently. Offer Code: Nat11Net54. Customer is responsible for return shipping, insurance, and surcharges, including autograph surcharges on certified autograph cards. Texas residents are subject to an 8.25% sales tax. Regular prices, surcharges, and service levels can be found at www.beckett.com/grading or on any BGS submission form.

Please note we will not be slabbing cards/items larger than 3.5" x 5.25" onsite. Those items must be sent to Dallas for encapsulation.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the show, as well as the Net54 National Dinner. Travel safe!

Mark Anderson, Director
Beckett Grading Services

AndyG09
07-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Awesome gesture by Beckett! Best of luck getting a lot of subs!

Andy

Taxman
07-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Thank you Beckett.....I'm having a little trouble finding the prices for grading the national....can you please list those...

Thanks Leon and Beckett

GehrigFan
07-21-2011, 06:29 AM
No problem, here you go...

For onsite slabbing:

1-9 cards - $25 each
10-29 cards - $20 each
30-99 cards - $18 each
100+ cards - $15 each

Raw Card Review:

1-3 cards - $10
4-99 cards - $7.50
100+ cards - $6

There are also upgrade options for express (while you wait) services.

These are the standard prices, so the Net54 pricing would be 20% less than the prices quoted above.

Mark

Thank you Beckett.....I'm having a little trouble finding the prices for grading the national....can you please list those...

Thanks Leon and Beckett

Taxman
07-21-2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks Mark, I will definitely be coming to see you....Will you be there Wednesday when the show opens?

Kirk

Jewish-collector
07-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Thanks Mark. See you in Chicago !!! http://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

GehrigFan
07-21-2011, 07:51 AM
I get in Wednesday afternoon, but we'll have people setting up Tuesday for anyone who has a table and has early access for setup. As long as we have the booth ready and safes in place, we can start accepting cards during setup usually.

Thanks Mark, I will definitely be coming to see you....Will you be there Wednesday when the show opens?

Kirk

whitehse
07-21-2011, 09:25 AM
I know I am a bit late to the party here Leon but when you talk to SGC is there any possibility for an autograph authenticating special. I know on their own boards they had a deal for 10 dollar authentication if the cards value was under a certain dollar amount but I missed out on that one. Just curious if SGC will make this available to this board.

Fred
07-21-2011, 09:46 AM
I about died laughing when I read someone mentioned an inquiry to PSA about a grading discount for N54 members. That was just hillarious....

Big Six
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Any chance for the discount(s) at the east coast national in white plains, too?

Bicem
07-21-2011, 02:48 PM
would free grading for life be too much to ask?

Leon
07-21-2011, 03:13 PM
would free grading for life be too much to ask?

Maybe, Depends on when you die. :)

danc
07-21-2011, 04:32 PM
What's SGC charge without the hopeful discount?

Pull it together SGC, I have a dozen things I need done. You really want me goin' to Beckett?

:-)

DanC

Leon
07-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Here is the special for Net54baseball. In order to qualify for the promotion you will need to mark the special box on the submission form and put "Net54baseball Forum" and then put your Net54baseball User ID. All members in good standing are eligible. Here is a cut and paste from them explaining the special. You don't have to attend the National to receive it......Please ask any questions in this thread and we will get you answers.

Leon,

For the entire month of August 2011, members of the Net54 Baseball Forum may submit cards valued under $500 with the following special:

Net54 Baseball Forum Special

For every (10) cards submitted, you may submit (2) additional cards for FREE. This offer is cumulative. Example - if you submit (40) cards you can submit (8) additional cards for FREE.

This exclusive offer for the Net54 Baseball Forum can be used with any of our standard grading tiers or monthly specials. The only exclusion would be Oversized cards larger than 3 1/2" x 5 1/2". Cards requiring custom inserts would need to be submitted at a $10 level or higher.

Cards may be submitted in person at shows or our office, through the mail or at The National in Chicago. If submitting at The National, members can take advantage and combine the above Special with our $20 Onsite Grading National Special for cards valued under $500. For every (10) cards submitted, you could submit (2) additional cards for FREE.

Thank you to all of the members of the Net54 Baseball Forum, and especially to Leon Luckey, for your continued support of SGC.

Sincerely,

Michael Goldberg
Operations Manager
mgoldberg@sgccard.com
1-800-742-9212 x105

Taxman
07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks Leon and SGC......if I am reading this right....SGC is offering 2 specials...(1)get 10 graded and get 2 free and (2) Onsite grading for cards less than 500 will be $20....That is awesome....Thanks for the help

Leon
07-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks Leon and SGC......if I am reading this right....SGC is offering 2 specials...(1)get 10 graded and get 2 free and (2) Onsite grading for cards less than 500 will be $20....That is awesome....Thanks for the help

Yes, that is correct. The $20 special is for everyone...and if you are a Net54baseball member, and you have 12 cards to submit, within those parameters, you get 2 of them done for free.....

peterose4hof
07-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Very Cool! Nice work Leon and thanks to SGC!

All members in good standing are eligible.

The Dorskind Clause?