PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed on this 1952 topps mays

Cardboard Junkie
07-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Aloha! I am not much for graded cards and I don't know much about grading criteria, but this Mays has fabulous eye appeal and for sure has not been touched up by coloring or cleaning. I was told that this card is trimmed. However I have collected vintage topps cards since the fifties and as many of you know the size of the 52 to 56 topps are not uniform in size. A stack of vintage topps don't make a "brick" of perfectly cut cardboard like new cards do. There are ragged cuts, short cuts, oversized cuts and angular cuts, right from the factory.
If this card has been trimmed then it is just off by a microscpic sliver....maybe 1/32" narrow or less.
This card has no creases and perfect surface all the eye appeal of a blazer. Whats your guess on the value of this card and would it bring a better price raw? Mahalo for your opinions in advance, Dave.

ps Don't miss huggins and scott lot 419.

ChiefBenderForever
07-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Nice card, crack it and send to psa and get a 5.

Volod
07-19-2011, 01:55 AM
When you say, '1/32" narrow, or less,' do you mean you believe it is trimmed along the long side? If the card was originally off-center to one side and trimmed on that border, the trimmed edge would no doubt appear newer than the other side, no?