PDA

View Full Version : any quick thoughts on this 34 Dizzy Dean?

xdrx
07-16-2011, 07:50 PM
eBay LINK (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140575294216&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

Thinking about an impulse purchase; wondering what wisdom anyone can lend on this? Seller has lots of similar auctions, which seems odd to me.

Thanks!

Peter_Spaeth
07-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Small scan but seems ok to me.

buymycards
07-16-2011, 08:34 PM
The Goudey's look good to me. I wouldn't worry about him having multiple auctions of the same series. When I buy 300-400 1955 Bowman's or other large lots, if they are nice cards I often list all 300-400 seperately.

Good luck!

Rick

buymycards
07-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Look in the description for large scans of the front and back

xdrx
07-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys. I was a bit nervous because the seller seems to have a ton of really great condition pre-60s cards and none are graded. Seems a little out of the norm.

CharleyBrown
07-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Not a huge fan of battlefield myself. I think the way the list their auctions is incredibly misleading, and having bought from them once, I most likely wouldn't buy from them again.

-
Shaun

fkw
07-16-2011, 10:41 PM
many or all cards ungraded is a good sign...

a bad sign would be if he had all cards graded except the one you want.

I dont see anything wrong with auction...

But the seller needs to buy a scanner and get away from the digital photo. digital photos hide wrinkles IMO, but they stated the card was wrinkle free, only the corner wear.

seems high price right now $350, maybe posting this post before auction ended drove the price up??

CharleyBrown
07-17-2011, 06:49 AM
I don't think this post drove the price up. That is simply how all of Battlefield's auctions are... they end with prices that are generally higher than their grade would be. At first, I thought they were shilling, but I think that people tend to read their subtitles, and get carried away with bidding. In this case, the card sold for $473, which is roughly what the last PSA 6 sold for according to VCP.

xdrx
07-20-2011, 09:54 PM
many or all cards ungraded is a good sign...

a bad sign would be if he had all cards graded except the one you want.

I dont see anything wrong with auction...

But the seller needs to buy a scanner and get away from the digital photo. digital photos hide wrinkles IMO, but they stated the card was wrinkle free, only the corner wear.

seems high price right now $350, maybe posting this post before auction ended drove the price up??

I skipped this one...I'd like to think my post didn't drive up price...

I can't say I agree with or understand the idea than many cards being ungraded is a good sign. Everyone seems to be in agreement that more valuable older cards in better condition benefit most from grading. Why wouldn't a dealer try to capitalize on that?