PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Cards in PSA holders??

jofinn36
07-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Has anybody had any experience with this. It would seem to be almost impossible but I have heard stories.

vintagetoppsguy
07-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Has anybody had any experience with this. It would seem to be almost impossible but I have heard stories.

Not sure what you're asking. Do you want to know how to do this?

jofinn36
07-16-2011, 06:44 PM
No basically want to know If Its been done to mine. I already sent It in to PSA.

vintagetoppsguy
07-16-2011, 06:45 PM
You think PSA swapped it?

jofinn36
07-16-2011, 06:54 PM
No someone that owned the card swapped it. Reinserted another card. Doesn't seem possible but like I said I heard of story that this happened to someone. I bought a card off ebay. After receiving it there was a bad crack on the right side. and the sides weren't flush. Seemed different. Didn't look like you could have reinserted a different card without damaging it but some stuff I don't have any idea about.

novakjr
07-16-2011, 07:58 PM
For shits and giggles. I bought an '89 Donruss Schilling in '89 UD Griffey PSA 8 slab a couple of years ago. They were trying to sell it as a PSA error, but everyone knew better, I think I was the only bid, and got it for like a buck. Obviously, cracked with the Schilling inserted.

If a slab's been cracked, it's usually pretty obvious.

WhenItWasAHobby
07-18-2011, 07:35 AM
No someone that owned the card swapped it. Reinserted another card. Doesn't seem possible but like I said I heard of story that this happened to someone. I bought a card off ebay. After receiving it there was a bad crack on the right side. and the sides weren't flush. Seemed different. Didn't look like you could have reinserted a different card without damaging it but some stuff I don't have any idea about.

Yes, there have been cases in the past where holders were partially opened, cards switched, and then re-sealed. The When It Was a Game scandal brought this to light:

http://www.psacard.com/articles/article_view.chtml?artid=3741