PDA

View Full Version : Trimming

Bruinsfan94
07-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Im not to good with post war stuff someone offered me some 57s heres a scan of a few Im not sure about trimming at all if someone could give me an idea that would be great.

ps I hope the scan shows up.

Cardboard Junkie
07-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Aloha! My first instinct was to say measure them. But I have about 3000 57s raw and I can tell you when stacked together theyare not uniform in dimensions and do not make a brick like modern cards. My quest is...Does anyone know what the grading companys use as criteria for measuring older cards?? For example if a card wer trimmed or factory cut "just a sliver" say 1/64" would it be detected? Mahalo, Dave.

steve B
07-18-2011, 06:30 AM
As far as I know it's both size and the qualities of the cut edge. Different equipment leaves a different sort of cut. And the aging of the edges woulld be different.

I'd be surprised if any of those were trimmed, but people do a lot of odd stuff.

Steve B

Bruinsfan94
07-18-2011, 10:27 AM
So they look ok to u guys? I didnt think someone would trim these but I dont know to much about this set.

David W
07-18-2011, 01:10 PM
So they look ok to u guys? I didnt think someone would trim these but I dont know to much about this set.

Between the o/c cards and rounded corners, I doubt they are trimmed.

Unless there are some high numbers or errors there I doubt anyone would trim them, you've got at most $10 to $15 value