PDA

View Full Version : Card Grading...

Tim206
07-15-2011, 09:42 PM
I just started collecting t206 cards and had a question. I have several graded and ungraded cards and was wondering where I should get them graded, SGC or PSA. I love the way the cards look in the SGC cases, the PSA ones look like clear plastic crap, imo. Are there certain cards I should send to PSA or certain cards to the other one? Thanks for the help, I know you guys are a wealth of knowledge.

Cardboard Junkie
07-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Aloha! If you are going to grade cards, I would reccomend SGC for prewar and psa for post war. IMO. Dave.

vintagetoppsguy
07-15-2011, 09:48 PM
I love the way the cards look in the SGC cases, the PSA ones look like clear plastic crap, imo.

Tim,

Welcome to the boards. It's really a matter of personal preference, but I think you kind of answered your own question. As for me, I prefer SGC.

Tim206
07-15-2011, 10:15 PM
but I think you kind of answered your own question

Lol I guess I did. SGC it is. Other then ebay and conventions, where are some good places to look? Auction houses?

07-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Tim, this is a PSA-hating, SGC-loving board for the most part. There are a few PSA collectors here though: myself included. I don't think the holders are "plastic crap", but to each his own. It's all about the cards, whether they're PSA, SGC, BVG/BGS or raw. Welcome to the board!

bobbyw8469
07-16-2011, 09:52 AM
For the most part, both companies do a fair job, and both companies make their fair share of mistakes. Me personally, I like the SGC holder better, and I like the PSA registry better, and the fact that their cards sell for more money. Enjoy the hobby!

alsup2311
07-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Lol I guess I did. SGC it is. Other then ebay and conventions, where are some good places to look? Auction houses?
Tim,

You can always look at the Buy/Sell/Trade right here. People are always selling good stuff. http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Dan

Tim206
07-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks for all the input. I didn't mean to offend or start a war or anything. I like the PSA registry also but love the way the cards look in the SGC cases against the black background. And i definitely plan on buying from the forum. I have seen nothing but awesome cards!

I have several HOF'ers and a SL and different backs. I plan on starting with HOF and then the horizontal cards with different backs. I have the Pelty, Powell, and Mullin with the common backs, looking for the others...

Phillies*phan
07-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Don't grade anything unless you are going to sell them soon. Let's abandon someone else telling us if a card is worthy of our collection. We're all capable of sorting threw the fakes aren't we. Just pick a raw grade and stick to it.

jp1216
07-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Beautiful Doug - thanks for sharing. I agree. I love my T206 mostly raw.

Cardboard Junkie
07-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Aloha! ABSO F*CKIN LUTELY!! What good are they if you can't feel em and smell em? Dave.

Tim206
07-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Doug, amazing cards!! Hopefully one day I'll be as fortunate!! And I agree, I love my raw cards too! I love to feel them and smell them. It's kind of a sick relationship :D

T206Collector
07-16-2011, 05:02 PM
I find PSA to be horribly inconsistent with pre-war, paricularly insofar as they miss creases and wrinkles in PSA 5s. SGC is much better in terms of consistency, and customer service. The value is basically the same, unless you tap into a card or set that the PSA Registry minded folks collect.