PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Live Auction Today

bcbgcbrcb
07-12-2011, 05:21 PM
I just accessed the Hunt Auctions website to check out the final prices on today's live auction (mainly interested in the M101-1's collection). It appears that every single lot above #408 indicates that the lot did not sell. Anyone know what's up with that?

bcbgcbrcb
07-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Looks like the results are now posted

Matt
07-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I was interested in the results of those M101-1s as well; all the ones I looked at were restored, they seem to have gone a little low as a result.

bcbgcbrcb
07-13-2011, 04:16 AM
You're right, Matt, there definitely were some bargains there. Off the top of my head, the Wagner & Keeler went for strong prices though.

Shoeless Moe
07-13-2011, 07:09 AM
I'm not a fan of the Live auction where u can not internet bid during the closing moments. Some items sold for below what I what have bid on. I'm also not a fan of the ceiling bid, just don't trust it. Thus I lose out, Hunt loses and the consignor does as well.

They should do it like Heritage where you have the live mixed in with the internet.

I missed out on 2 lots and now hope the person who won trys to flip them at not to high an extortion.

bobbyw8469
07-13-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm not a fan of the Live auction where u can not internet bid during the closing moments

Same here.

vintagecpa
07-13-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm curious why an owner would list an item in an auction that restricts potential bidders in the closing moments? In this business, there are often only two bidders with serious interest and deep pockets. Losing one of those bidders could cost thousands when the hammer drops.