PDA

View Full Version : What would you have done?

Jason
07-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I brought this subject up at work today to a few colleagues and i thought it would be a good topic of conversation here as well.I am truly amazed/shocked with the whole Jeter 3000 hit ball being given back so easily with not much thought about it it seems.So my question to my co-workers and to you all is what would you have done if you were in the same place as the guy who caught the ball.Put yourself ball in hand,crowd going crazy,what is your next move?I know Jeter deservers to have the ball for his hard work but what do you feel would be sufficent compensation for such a great piece of Yankee memoribilia?Jason

ChiefBenderForever
07-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Sometimes karma is a great thing and sometimes you wonder if random acts of kindness are the stupiest thing you could ever do. All in all most of the time what comes around goes around good and bad, so this guy has a lot of good coming his way if that is the case. I think it was a great thing to give the ball to Jeter, but not sure four luxury seats for the rest of the year is enough on the Yankees part as the season is half over, so maybe next year as well as the guy is a true fan. It's very complicated, and hopefully a lot of good comes to the guy and the Yankees take care of him, time will tell. It's tough to put a price on being able to give the ball to Jeter, have him thank you personally, hang out with him for a few minutes during one of the greatest moments of his life, and now Christian Lopez is part of a great history and that is priceless. It's a great story and wonderful to see not everyone is so wrapped up in greed, I think good things will come his way !