PDA

View Full Version : What else could I do?

lharri3600
07-11-2011, 05:49 AM
I'm posting this to get opinions on the following issue. No names will be given.
I sent an email to person with my price for a card. The person DID NOT read the email, just deleted it, so I sold the card. He has admitted to not reading my email. Now the person is going around telling people I double crossed him. Is this my fault? If I had been the one to delete the email, I'd be a MAN and admit it and move on. Why blame me for something he did, it's not like I placed a gun to his head and told him to not read the offer. Thank you for your responses in advance.

Gradedcardman
07-11-2011, 05:59 AM
His loss and lack of taking the time to read is the other persons gain.
Stuff happens...next !!

Brendan
07-11-2011, 06:05 AM
That's a shame. How can he blame you for selling the card when he didn't respond? Of course it's not your fault.

quinnsryche
07-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Larry, NO ONE who has ever dealt with you would EVER believe anything bad about you. You are a fine, upstanding member of this hobby and well respected on this board (I hope I speak for everyone on this matter). Are you still leaving the hobby as you stated a few months ago? That would be a shame, although this kind of stuff probably doesn't help.
Hope all is well and best wishes,
Tony

3-2-count
07-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi Larry. Let the other guy talk all he wants. People who know you like myself will simply brush it off if confronted with it.
Your a good man........

Best, Tony

sportscardpete
07-11-2011, 06:55 AM
No way Larry! Sometimes I won't respond back to emails because I am forgetful, but that's my fault not the seller. You did nothing wrong. He should've read the email!

Leon
07-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Don't sweat it Larry. Everyone that knows you knows you are good as gold....

07-11-2011, 07:46 AM
I'll pile on: I've had a few transactions with Larry with no problems whatsoever. He's awesome.

bbcard1
07-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Near as I can tell, the make up of collectors/dealers:

Princes...the best of the best - 5%
Really nice guys, completely trustworthy - 35%
Nice guy, kind of rough around the edges - 20%
Ok guy...kind of depends on the mood you catch him in - 15%
It's fine if he walks by my table / I probably won't bother to stop at his - 10%
Wanabe / Museum keeper - 3%
Person more interested in the haggle than the purchase - 5%
Crook, psyco or at the very least a scorched-earth negotiator - 7%
There is a small percentage who live in their mother's basement and have serious serial killer potential.

Where, according to your experience am I off?

jb217676
07-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Larry is the best!

steve B
07-11-2011, 08:14 AM
If someone can't be bothered to read an email or fetch it back out of the deleted items folder or send a gentle reminder if they didn't know they deleted it and a little time went by......I don't see any way any of that could be your fault.

I suppose you could have sent the email with a read reciept and followed up in a day or two if it hadn't been read. But that's kinda pushy and a lot of extra work and maybe just a bit paranoid. And nobody actually does that sort of thing......Nah, his problem not yours.

Steve B

bh3443
07-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi Larry,
things happen and talk is cheap. Those of us that know you, whether in person or here, know that you'd never do anything shady. Just my 2 cents, but things do happen in this non-perfect world.
Bill Hedin

I'm posting this to get opinions on the following issue. No names will be given.
I sent an email to person with my price for a card. The person DID NOT read the email, just deleted it, so I sold the card. He has admitted to not reading my email. Now the person is going around telling people I double crossed him. Is this my fault? If I had been the one to delete the email, I'd be a MAN and admit it and move on. Why blame me for something he did, it's not like I placed a gun to his head and told him to not read the offer. Thank you for your responses in advance.

forazzurri2axz
07-11-2011, 10:42 AM
and STILL refuses to take bribes, money under the table, or do any political appointments for his friends or fellow baseball cards collectors. So I give you an A-OK on this issue, Mayor---the guy sounds like he's an unreasonable person ; the only good thing is that he was honest enough to admit deleting your email...I on the other hand, read each of your emails so as not to lose out on any wisdom you may be offering for the day.

Latzko

AndyG09
07-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Larry,

Payment sent! :) We all know you're the man! Hope all is well in the land of Cornelius Bennett. No sweat on this deal. Put this one in the past quick......

Best,

Andy

greenmonster66
07-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Larry,

We did a deal together and you were awesome!! Can't get much better! As far as I am concerned, their loss just my 2 cents!

Edwolf1963
07-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Harris is one the reason I was able to complete the T206 set! Proud to deal with him, proud to call him my friend!

Us original Buffalonians have to stick together :-D

Ed