PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Glove Questions

aelefson
07-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Hi-
I recently acquired the glove scanned below (sorry for the poor scans) and I was hoping someone might be able to help with two questions I have concerning it. It is extremely thin (virtually no padding). Does anyone know the approximate age? Any idea on manufacturer? There is some light printing on the glove but I cannot make out the words. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

vintagebrett
07-10-2011, 04:25 AM
Alan
It's a child's glove - could date from the 20's into the late 30's. These types of gloves were produced by a number of manufacturers so it's hard to tell. A lot had generic stampings - some just said "Genuine Leather"

aelefson
07-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Thanks Brett! I am sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I really appreciate your help.

Below are two other gloves I have questions about. One, is a kid's model that feels like a pillow. There is manufacturer stamping on the front but I cannot make it out. I think part of it says Amateur and B56. Is it from the same era?

The second one is in very rough condition. There are no discernible markings on it. Can anyone help with the approximate age? Any information concerning either glove would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alan

vintagebrett
07-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Alan
The amateur model kids glove is probably 20's or 30's. The other one looks like it was a well made model in it's day - probably from the 10's.

aelefson
07-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks again Brett! I really appreciate your help. I hope you had a good Brimfield.
Alan