PDA

View Full Version : Ebid vs Ebay

orrrules
07-08-2011, 05:50 PM
I found Ebid about 2 years ago. I have a store on there and have done well. It could be better if more dealers set up shop there. It could replace EBAY if more of the bigger dealers would use it. I am not saying abandon EBAY but it is a nice option as there is more flexibility. A seller can take any form of payment and no monthly fee. no listing fee. only 2% commission if using a gallery. Biggest problem is EBAY still has a large chunk of the baseball card business. I like it because I can sell cards for less and this appeals to customers.

Any questions on this are welcome.

Brendan
07-08-2011, 05:56 PM
I have looked into this as well. Unless there are enough bidders, then it will all be high starting bid/buy it now. That's pretty much what eBay is becoming lately, since they decided they didn't want it to be a flea market anymore. They tried to make it like Amazon and kicked a good percentage of the sellers off for unsubstantial reasons. This philosophy isn't working for them and it would be nice if they realized it.

Who knows, maybe eBid will overtake eBay. Chances are, eBay will just buy it to get rid of the competition.

Pup6913
07-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Well why not use Grands Slam Bids. At least you know and trust the owners:D