PDA

View Full Version : site was down last night

Leon
07-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Hey ya'll
The site was down all of last night. (Yes. the electric bill was paid) I sent messages to the hosting company as that is where the problem lies almost 100% of the time. I got no response. As I have said before, if it gets too bad or frequent then we will look at other hosting companies. (knock on wood). That process is an unknown so it's better to stay here if possible. My apologies. I was also going into convulsions not being able to get on. As I said I sent multiple emails to the hosting company but didn't get a response (yet). To make up for it everyone at the Net54baseball National Dinner will be entitled to one extra drink ticket!! best regards

sportscardpete
07-08-2011, 06:56 AM
I needed my fix of Net54 last night! I honestly think the hosting is fine, a random problem here and there isn't too much of a big deal. Just kind of sucks they didn't respond back..

bcbgcbrcb
07-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Leon:

Does that mean that all live auctions on the Net 54 B/S/T scheduled to end last night will be extended another week?

Howe’s Hunter
07-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Leon, although this will be another National I won't be able to attend, could you go ahead and send the drink ticket? I'm starting a collection of drink tickets from Network 54 banquets I've never attended. I hear there are no previous examples, as all have been used in the past. Thanks.

greenmonster66
07-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Yeah I too had withdraw symptoms last night trying to get on!

Leon
07-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Leon, although this will be another National I won't be able to attend, could you go ahead and send the drink ticket? I'm starting a collection of drink tickets from Network 54 banquets I've never attended. I hear there are no previous examples, as all have been used in the past. Thanks.

Hi Ed,
Unfortunately all known drink tickets are slabbed and now reside in the Barry Halper collection. I will be happy to save a ticket from this year for you though.. :)

Phil- ON a serious note about live auctions you guys will just have to figure that one out. If it were me I would extend them a few days....as long as everything is communicated in the posts there should be no issues. Fortunately those auctions are usually fairly low key.......let me know if there are issues and I will moderate :).

Leon
07-08-2011, 07:08 AM
I just got this response from them-

"Hi Leon,

Apologies for the delay replying to you.

Unfortunately there was an incident with the server.

We were remotely rebooting but in actual fact the cable had become loose,
the engineer had to go onsite this morning to resolve, plug in the box reboot properly.
It looks like it may have come loose when all of the boxes had to manually rebooted
following the Telecity outage.

Please accept our apology Leon, we know this week was not a good week for you.
Normally things like this don't happen so closely together.

Sincere apologies,
Debra

--
Debra Hastings-Henry
Director - Global Gold Network Ltd"

Ladder7
07-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Wifee and I actually talked. It was like the olden days again... It sucked.

Today I have chores, well... before she gets home anywaze. :)

DanP
07-08-2011, 08:02 AM
I have to admit this crossed my mind when I couldn't get on N54 last night:

I thought Bruce followed through on his threats and the FBI took down N54 to investigate.

Leon
07-08-2011, 08:05 AM
I have to admit this crossed my mind when I couldn't get on N54 last night:

I thought Bruce followed through on his threats and the FBI took down N54 to investigate.

My guess is that the FBI reads this board almost daily. I have a great rapport with them and am their biggest ally in the hobby, seriously. If you are doing something wrong in the hobby I might be the last one you would want to know about it..... I am not a do-gooder but do try to help the hobby stay as clean as it can be. regards

Big Six
07-08-2011, 09:42 AM
There's a fire over in the Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) VBC Forum B/S/T...Bruce is playing with matches again...and my apologies for fanning the flames...he is quite the, well, you know...

slidekellyslide
07-08-2011, 10:41 AM
My guess is that the FBI reads this board almost daily. I have a great rapport with them and am their biggest ally in the hobby, seriously. If you are doing something wrong in the hobby I might be the last one you would want to know about it..... I am not a do-gooder but do try to help the hobby stay as clean as it can be. regards

Could you send them over to read the memorabilia side? They sure aren't doing squat about the crap that CC is churning out on a monthly basis.

2dueces
07-08-2011, 10:47 AM
There's a fire over in the Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) VBC Forum B/S/T...Bruce is playing with matches again...and my apologies for fanning the flames...he is quite the, well, you know...

Took about a week for him to be old self again. You can take the Brucii's off Net54 but you can't take the Bruce out of the Brucii's. :)

calvindog
07-08-2011, 10:47 AM

Leon, unless you've signed a cooperation agreement with the feds or own a chain of Dunkin' Donuts I'm guessing you're not their biggest ally in the hobby. :)

wonkaticket
07-08-2011, 11:19 AM

I feel safer already. :)

Leon
07-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Leon, unless you've signed a cooperation agreement with the feds or own a chain of Dunkin' Donuts I'm guessing you're not their biggest ally in the hobby. :)

Hi Jeff
Believe it or not, Dunkin Donuts is my newest venture!! I should have used the word "supporter" instead of ally.

And yes, John, your safety is my main concern :)...... Hope all is well....now about that complete N172 set you are working on.......

bh3443
07-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Yeah I too had withdraw symptoms last night trying to get on!

I probably tried getting on Net 54 a hundred times! I know my addiction to this sweet place is out of control!

I felt like I was in a 1980's MTV commercial (remember those?) and I was like Rob Halford from Judas Priest screaming he wants his MTV, but with me, I was yelling "I want my Net 54!", lol, very true!

I'm glad it's back up, and I've had another enjoyable day among the greatest group of collectors here on 54!

Honestly, I check in to this site every hour or two and that's every day!

Have a great weekend my friends,

Bill Hedin <---- world's fastest one finger typer!

Exhibitman
07-08-2011, 02:46 PM

http://www.flickdirect.com/images/movies/harold-kumar-guantanamo-bay/harold-kumar-guantanamo-bay_1.jpg

Harold Lee: It's because of a******s like you that we're even in this f*****g place - f*****g cowards!
Terrorist #1: Well maybe if the people in your country stopped eating *doughnuts* and started realizing what their government is doing to the world, "a*****s" like us wouldn't exist!
Kumar Patel: F**k you! Doughnuts are awesome!

Bicem
07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Wifee and I actually talked. It was like the olden days again... It sucked.

:D