PDA

View Full Version : Old vs New

jboosted92
07-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Now, Pujols may be the greatest RH hitter, ive laid my eyes on (im 31),

http://cgi.ebay.com/Albert-Pujols-Game-Used-Signed-2010-Marucci-bat-GU-10-/160609322334?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25650fc55e#ht_720wt_1140

but in comparision to some already in the HOF, i just dont get the prices? Can this go anywhere but down???...

The demand is there, for sure, but supply is there as well....

thetruthisoutthere
07-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a Stephen Strasburg "Superfractor" card serial-numbered "1/1" sold in the vicinity of $20,000 last year just before his injury.

This is a player with a total of twelve career starts who is now rehabbing after under-going Tommy John surgery.

But you know what they say, the value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it.

jboosted92
07-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a Stephen Strasburg "Superfractor" card serial-numbered "1/1" sold in the vicinity of $20,000 last year just before his injury.

This is a player with a total of twelve career starts who is now rehabbing after under-going Tommy John surgery.

But you know what they say, the value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it.

i agree...i guess, i always put myself in the buyers shoes....i guess when i make substantial purchases i try to evealuate it holding its current value vs. odds of increasing vs odds of decreasing...

when i look at the examples, it seems to go the ladder....