PDA

View Full Version : If You're a Mets Fan...

barrysloate
06-30-2011, 04:55 AM
If you've been following the Mets recently you've witnessed some of the most extraordinary baseball they've played in a decade. A few highlights:

The team has scored 52 runs in their last four games, a franchise record.

After having not hit a grand slam in a nearly two years, they hit one in the 4th inning Tuesday night to end the drought, then hit a second one an inning later.

Jose Reyes has 15 triples at the halfway point, a number so staggering that he might end up with the highest total since Owen Wilson set the record.

The team has never had a batting champion or an MVP, but Jose Reyes may win both.

They're still only two games over .500, but their recent play has been off the charts. And it sure is fun to watch.

chris6net
06-30-2011, 07:04 AM
As a die hard Mets fan Jose Reyes has been carrying the team and fun to watch. I got in the car yesterday in the first inning and right away I hear Reyes scoring a run on a wild pitch. I have never seen 1 player have a stretch like his. CN

HRBAKER
06-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Yes, Reyes is on quite a salary drive. :)

barrysloate
07-01-2011, 04:36 AM
That's the common wisdom, that Reyes is just playing for his next contract. But how do you will yourself to hit .352 with 15 triples at the halfway point? You still need the talent to do it.

HRBAKER
07-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Barry,
Absolutely, he is extremely talented and he is obviously doing it.
Maybe it is just a strange coincidence.

Jeff

Brendan
07-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Reyes has always been a top of the line player and he is just getting into his prime. He's only 27.:eek:

canjond
07-07-2011, 02:21 PM
And now he's on the DL

Brendan
07-08-2011, 06:23 PM
And now he's on the DL

This hurts Reyes and the rest of baseball. With Pujols on the clear decline, we need someone like him to step up. Hard to do that when you're injured.

barrysloate
07-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Interestingly, the Mets have been winning without him. Not sure how they're doing it, but something is working for them. The young players seem to be stepping up in his absence...even a few veterans too. Jason Bay is finally producing.