PDA

View Full Version : Collectibles Insurance

MattyFan
06-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Has anyone bought or had experience with insurance for their collections? I want to do this but I am not sure of what company is best, if there is one.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Tom

jg8422
06-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Has anyone ever had to make a claim? If so, how was it? What do you have to have in order to get paid? Inventory, pictures, etc? Does the insurance company give you what ever the replacement value is or do they determine their own value?

rainier2004
06-28-2011, 06:20 PM
I looked into insurance w/ the people we get our home/auto insurance thru and the process was ridiculous. I was to itemize every card of every set w/ a seperate value for each and every card and this all had to be appraised by a reputable dealer, possibly 2. The premiums were to run more than our home owners...I didnt shop around too much but contacted another company, cant remember who, and that rep was kind of overwhelmed w/ the request...sorry if this isnt any help but its my experience and next time Im buying a safe.

paul
06-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Try these folks. I've been with them for years, but I've never had a claim so I don't really know if they'll come through when I need them.

http://www.antiqueandcollectible.com/terms.html

Leon
06-28-2011, 07:40 PM
CIA Insurance does pretty good. I have no affiliation other than am a customer of theirs. They handle claims well albeit a tiny bit slow, are very familiar with our hobby and seem to be reasonable...relatively speaking. I would expect "collectible" insurance to be a bit expensive as there is a fair amount of risk associated. regards