PDA

View Full Version : Fisk Bat Help

wmullis
06-28-2011, 07:44 AM
I know this is not as vintage as most of the items posted on this forum but I could use some education on bats since I know little to nothing about the various different types.

I received this Fisk signed bat as a part of a large auction lot, I am interested in selling it but I am not sure exactly what it is. Some of the terms I seen thrown around are game used, professional model, game model, store model, etc and I wouldn't even begin to know how to tell the difference between them.

A few things make it seem "different" then the other bats I have owned. It is unfinished, it doesn't have a shiny clear coat on the bat, it seem like all natural wood. It has "72" hand written on the knob. From the bit of info I could find this is one way to determine game used bats but I don't see any real evidence of it being used(scuff marks,cracks,etc).

If anybody could help provide a little info on what I might have I would appreciate it. Also, if anybody is willing to throw out a general estimate on what something like this would be worth that would be great.

Scott Garner
06-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Hello,
Is it possible to post pictures of the barrel end of the Fisk bat? Also, do you see light blue marks and baseball stitch marks on the barrel?

BTW, one of my closest friends is Tony Swann. Tony has the largest and most complete Carlton Fisk collection. His Fisk bat collection is second to none and I'm sure that he can help you. Take a look at his cool website- carltonfisk.com. You can also e-mail him your question at tony@apswann.com. I will let him know that you may be sending him an e-mail.

Good luck! :D

wmullis
06-28-2011, 09:20 AM
I will head home during lunch and will take a pic of the barrel. One thing I noticed was it was "sticky" because the shipper put a sock on it for protection. The sock stuck to the end of the barrel when I tried to remove it. Other than that I didn't notice anything but will upload a photo asap.