PDA

View Full Version : PSA Grading Question

jg8422
06-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Does PSA use different criteria for different cards when evaluating a card to get a qualifier of OC or MC? I have seen a bunch of PSA graded cards that are insanely off-centered are were not given the OC qualifier. Anybody know why this is?

Do they give more wiggle-room to cards sets that are traditionally known for having centering issues?

Thanks.

Jay Wolt
06-23-2011, 06:37 PM
On your submission form you can request "No qualifiers"
So if a card should receive say a PSA-7oc, & you state No qualifiers
it may end up as a straight PSA-4 or a 5, based on the severity of the centering.

Gradedcardman
06-23-2011, 06:38 PM
When you send in a submission to PSA you can request "no qualifiers" and they will then grade accordingly.

jg8422
06-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Jay and Adam...

In your opinion, is one better than the other? Say a 7 OC or a straight 5. Or is it just personal preference?

Does SGC use any type of qualifier or do they just downgrade if the card has centering issues?

Thanks again,

Jeff

Jay Wolt
06-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Jay and Adam...

In your opinion, is one better than the other? Say a 7 OC or a straight 5. Or is it just personal preference?

Does SGC use any type of qualifier or deo they just downgrade if the card has centering issues?

Thanks again,

Jeff

Jeff SGC does not use a qualifier. ANd as far as one being better for PSA, its a personal preference.
Some hate any qualifier while others like the higher grade listed w/ the qualifier stated.

Gradedcardman
06-23-2011, 08:13 PM
I have some cards that were sent in as no qualifiers and came back as PSA 5 or PSA 6 because of the OC. With the qualifier one came back as a 9OC. If your selling it has always appeared that when selling it is a flip of the coin. If you find the right buyer then the OC may not matter. Personally I have always asked for no qualifiers. Just has made it easier to list.