PDA

View Full Version : Lelands June Auction - Last Two Days of Bidding

Louis Bollman
06-23-2011, 09:31 AM
There is probably a little something for everyone in Lelands June 2011 Auction which is closing on Friday (June 24th). In addition to our normal but tremendous selection of Memorabilia we also have a nice selection of cards for this one; most of which are fresh to the hobby.

The card section kicks off with a gorgeous D304 Brunners Ty Cobb. While this card has been graded VG-EX 4 it appears to be a full grade or two higher. A faint wrinkle (factory?) on the front of the card which requires proper lighting to see holds this card back from a more appropriate grade.

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/AuctionDetail/67035/June-2011-Catalog/Sports/Sports-and-Non-Sports-Cards/Lot402~D304-Brunners-Butter-Krust-Ty-Cobb-PSA-VG-EX-4

The Brunners Cobb is just the beginning of our card section. In addition you will find some 19th Century, a host of "E" cards, some T206 cards that are high-grade, a phenomenal Brooklyn collection (mainly Dodgers but it does go back to cover the Superbas as well), a Drum Back T205 Mordecai Brown, a couple of rare Topps promotional pieces, and many other lots that are either single cards, groups, and a few sets.

If you are able to get a bit of web browsing time in during the next two days it's well worth viewing the auction online!

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/CategoryView/3464/June-2011-Catalog/Sports/Sports-and-Non-Sports-Cards?page=1

If you have any questions or need assistance feel free to call me directly (314-737-8681) or our New York office (631-244-0077).

Thank you,

Louis Bollman
Lelands.com

Shoeless Moe
06-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Louis - you might want to make sure your Site is working, especially on the last day of bidding. I can't search anything and can't even login.

I'll try again later, but if still not fixed, I feel for your consignors.

perezfan
06-24-2011, 08:11 AM
I have seen this "computer malfunction tactic" used when auction houses want to extend the auction another week (due to lack of interest, insufficient # of bids, etc.)

Sure hope that's not the case here...

Matt
06-24-2011, 08:36 AM
I have seen this "computer malfunction tactic" used when auction houses want to extend the auction another week (due to lack of interest, insufficient # of bids, etc.)

Sure hope that's not the case here...

It's second in prevalence only to the "some people didn't get their printed catalog" tactic.

perezfan
06-24-2011, 08:46 AM
It's second in prevalence only to the "some people didn't get their printed catalog" tactic.

Ha... good one! You're right, Matt... that one ranks #1.

The site is back up and running, so it looks like the old "extension scam" won't occur this time. Glad to see they fixed it!