PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the MAVS

HRBAKER
06-12-2011, 09:01 PM
They prove the adage that it is better to have your parade after the season than before.

barrysloate
06-13-2011, 04:58 AM
LeBron looked unusually ineffective throughout stretches of this series, and you have to wonder about him. Mavs were the better team and deserved to win.

Leon
06-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Congrats do go to the Mavs. Miami deserves losing after a few of their players mocked Dirk's illness. Dancing in front of the Mavs bench thinking they won, in game 5, when they ended up losing was a pretty sweet situation too. I wonder what their manager and team owner said about those things....? Great discipline there...

alanu
06-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Congrats to the Mavs although I must admit I don't know which I enjoyed more, the Mavs winning or the Heat losing.

Is Lebron turning into the Barry Bonds of the NBA?

Did he really say this after the game?

"Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today," James said. "They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

"They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point."

And Tweet this......

"The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time," James tweeted. "Right now isn't the time."

novakjr
06-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Congrats to the Mavs although I must admit I don't know which I enjoyed more, the Mavs winning or the Heat losing.

Is Lebron turning into the Barry Bonds of the NBA?

Did he really say this after the game?

"Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today," James said. "They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

"They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point."

And Tweet this......

"The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time," James tweeted. "Right now isn't the time."

Simple translation. "You're all below me. You're all losers and always will be. I really don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks."

I will admit that I did find his creativity in saying this in such a way that it went over most people's heads kind of amusing.. He's still a douche, but I love when people spin the English language so that people don't know that they're being sh*t on.. Well played Lebron, well played indeed....

The line was so perfectly executed, that I almost wonder if the question was planted and the answer scripted.. Which seems to be the norm for Lebron and his gang nowadays..

Leon
06-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Simple translation. "You're all below me. You're all losers and always will be. I really don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks."

I will admit that I did find his creativity in saying this in such a way that it went over most people's heads kind of amusing.. He's still a douche, but I love when people spin the English language so that people don't know that they're being sh*t on.. Well played Lebron, well played indeed....

The line was so perfectly executed, that I almost wonder if the question was planted and the answer scripted.. Which seems to be the norm for Lebron and his gang nowadays..

You might be short changing many people's intelligence. I think more people probably got it than didn't.....but maybe I am wrong. I did get it.

novakjr
06-13-2011, 07:46 PM
You might be short changing many people's intelligence. I think more people probably got it than didn't.....but maybe I am wrong. I did get it.

There's alot of people that knew right away. You're right Leon, I kinda worded that wrong. I really wasn't trying to short change anyone. But the point was that he worded it well enough that many of the people out there would take a while to figure it out, or try to give him the benefit of the doubt.. He also worded it enough to give himself some wiggle room, to explain himself and backtrack as though he's simply being mis-understood, or that the media is trying to blow his statement out of proportion and out of context. It's all an attempt to make himself look like a victim of the media, he's working towards trying to make people feel sorry for him.. Many of us aren't dumb enough to buy his sh*t, but sadly, there's many out there who are.

novakjr
06-14-2011, 01:27 PM
And let the back-tracking begin...This dude has gotten so predictable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6661305

ChiefBenderForever
06-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Mark Cuban is definately treats his players better than any owner in any sports and Lebron will never live this down. Atleast Wade has a ring so is isn't as painful for him and he played well and Lebron completely choked as usual and Scottie Pippen is an idiot for saying Lebron is better than Jordan what a joke. Congrats to the Mavs they deserve it, now if only the Timberwolves could get into the Wnba maybe they could make the playoffs............

Leon
06-14-2011, 02:30 PM
And let the back-tracking begin...This dude has gotten so predictable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6661305

He must really think people are that stupid? He should have just said that he made a mistake with what he said, and his antics, and apologized. To me, his apology is just as bad, or worse, as what he said first. At this moment He's a total idiot imo. However, he's an idiot that has millions of dollars :).
My guess is that somewhere down the road he will grow up. He's just immature. He's probably not really a bad guy.....though I haven't watched him enough to really know. I would hate for all of my younger days' antics to be thrown in my face. He will grow up but it will take some time.

alanu
06-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Hopefully he'll get the sportscard collecting bug and boost the sportscard market.

novakjr
06-15-2011, 02:42 PM
If only I could make it to Peoria...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Cubs-minor-league-team-mocks-LeBron-with-ring-gi?urn=mlb-wp9511

Vol
06-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Classic. What a season.