PDA

View Full Version : Question about Jackie Robinson Bond Breads and PSA

CharleyBrown
06-10-2011, 01:26 PM
I've done a lot of reading about the Jackie Robinson set of Bond Bread cards, particularly in various threads of this forum. However, I was reading an article this morning that mentioned that PSA no longer slabs the Bond Bread cards...

I know that they don't touch the square cornered "fake" Bond Bread cards, but the card in question was one from the Jackie Robinson set of 13. I have seen these slabbed by PSA, but the article that I had read mentioned that PSA no longer slabs them. Has anybody recently sent one of these in, or can confirm one way or the other?

bcbgcbrcb
06-10-2011, 01:35 PM
My guess is that PSA would grade cards from the set of 13 but not the one from the standard Bond Bread issue for obvious reasons (fakes abound).

fkw
06-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I would think they would grade the D302's. Its a different animal compared to the unrelated D305's.

PSA is too lazy to educate themselves on how to spot the fakes, so to fix the problem by just not grading any of them, even the diecut corner ones which are not fake at all.
SGC is the superior company and will grade them.

bcbgcbrcb
06-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Actually, I have seen SGC not want to grade them on occasion as well (the standard set not the Jackie set of 13).

fkw
06-14-2011, 01:26 PM
There is 45 D305's and W571 Exhibit size cards grade by SGC on eBay right now (individually).

I think SGC balks at the square corner ones (never seen one graded by them), and the fakes with the cream backs for good reason.