PDA

View Full Version : The Old Ball Game...

53Browns
06-10-2011, 06:47 AM
I just finished the Old Ball Game by Frank Deford last night in bed. A wonderful read I highly recommend you read, if you havent already!

I have a new found respect for Matty now!

Scott Garner
06-10-2011, 07:05 AM
I just finished the Old Ball Game by Frank Deford last night in bed. A wonderful read I highly recommend you read, if you havent already!

I have a new found respect for Matty now!

Bill,
I read the same book over the winter and I really enjoyed it as well!

Wihawk
06-10-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm very happy to know you enjoyed the book as I just bought it last week.
I also bought Crazy 08 at the same time and started reading it first, so the Old Ball Game will have to wait a bit.

scmavl
06-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Sounds like something I'd enjoy. I just finished "Glory of Their Times" about a month ago and it was superb. While I enjoy collecting post-war, I'd rather read about pre-war.

Scott Garner
06-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Sounds like something I'd enjoy. I just finished "Glory of Their Times" about a month ago and it was superb. While I enjoy collecting post-war, I'd rather read about pre-war.

Jarrod,
I read the "Glory of Their Times" at the end of last year. That was really an incredible read. I can't believe that I have never taken the time to read it before! I agree with you that I find it extremely interesting to read about pre-war baseball. The longer I collect the deeper I dig into the history of the game.

deebro041
06-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Has anyone read Catcher by Peter Morris? I just picked it up, and wondered how good of read it is?

53Browns
06-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I have listened to the Glory of Their Times CD's. Is the book pretty much the same interviews or is there more?

benderbroeth
06-14-2011, 05:14 PM
i have a clever base-ballist, about john ward great book so far