PDA

View Full Version : T206 "Authentics"

Theoldprofessor
06-09-2011, 01:10 PM
I have about forty common T06s, all of which were purchased raw at various Nationals over the years. PSA has identified all as "trimmed," but agrees that, at least, they're Authentic.

What's a reasonable BIN price for such cards? No rare backs, just ordinary players cut a bit too close. All appear to be 5s or 6s, that is, sharp corners (of course), no creases.

I don't think I'm asking "How long is a piece of string?" But if I am, please say so. And thanks in advance for any help.

E93
06-09-2011, 01:52 PM
I suppose it depends on how quickly you want them to sell, but I would guess somewhere in $25-30 range would get them moving. You might consider also grouping them in larger lots.
JimB

willworkforT206
06-09-2011, 05:55 PM
I think you could move them for $25-$30 as JimB mentioned if the level of trimming is very minor and they don't look significantly smaller than the standard T206 size. A limited number of collectors who want crease-free cards that look like 5s or 6s that can't afford the real deal would buy them. However, I think a high percentage of T206 collectors would stay away from them.

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $10 for a trimmed T206 with a common back, even if it looks like 5 or 6 (or a 7 or 8 for that matter). To me, trimming is the "kiss of death". I'd rather have an unaltered 2 or 2.5 for the same $25-$30 even if it was creased or had rounded corners. Obviously, that's just my personal preference and every collector is different.

Steve

bunst
06-10-2011, 05:33 AM
I used to have no interest in "Authentic" T206's until I sent a few of my raw cards in for grading and some came back Authentic due to EOT. Many of these cards were the pride of my collection before being sent in as they were beautiful and to my knowledge untouched. Though technically valued less than previously believed, they are more than acceptable for me and will stay in my collection. I do see prices realized for Authentic cards to be quite strong, so I think many collectors are accepting of them.

steve B
06-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Having sent in a few cards, I'm convinced not all As are trimmed. Out of 20 I had 2 rejected. One undersize, one called miscut. Neither labeled as EOT. If I'd specified slab as A if it won't get a number both would be in A slabs.

I also have a couple cards I've bought that are full size that I believe are trimmed. I'm still debating sending those in.

I think it would be a good idea if the grading companies would slab as A but include the reason for rejection.

So for me it really depends on the card.

Steve B

Jcfowler6
06-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I would buy one for $20 or so if I needed one to fill a gap.

bobbyw8469
06-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I would group them all in one lot, and then consign them to PWCC or Probstein. You might be pleasantly surprised at how much they actually bring.

Gradedcardman
06-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Unless they are rare fronts or backs I would offer them at the prices suggested to the crew here, see what happens then look for the next step.

mcadams
06-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I agree with putting them in lots, maybe grouping them by back.

I heard the word BIN used already once. Just start the auction at .99 with no reserve and let the market dictate what the cards are worth. Unless you want them sitting on your shelf for the next decade, avoid the BIN format.

joeadcock
06-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Agree
Group them as one lot, consign them, listing them as such. And see what they bring.