PDA

View Full Version : Question for Set Builders...

mintacular
06-09-2011, 11:26 AM
When you buy low series mid-grade $1-$5 common cards does it bother you if the seller includes a scan of nine cards, etc. and so you can only really get a smaller view of your card. Or, so long as you can get a snapshot and also the seller takes the time to attribute a grade EX+ then it would be ok. I guess in a perfect world you would get a nice large scan for each card but for efficiency sake, taking a minute or two to scan a $1 card seems a bit much. Your opinions?

steve B
06-09-2011, 08:52 PM
I pretty much pass over the auctions without decent pics. A nice big scan of 9 cards is usually ok, but 9 in a tiny blurry pic just doesn't make me want to buy. Even tiny blurry single pics don't usually get a bid.

The ones that are worse are the ones where they scan the entire scanner bed for one card and don't crop it. Usually once Ebay has resized it the image of the card is less than dime size. Closely followed by ones cropped so far the card appears trimmed.

SteveB

Zach Wheat
06-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Patrick,

If I am buying a number of cards, I don't have a problem with that, as long as I have enough info to gauge the condition of the cards. I have been able to purchase some pretty good deals where no scans were posted.

Zach Wheat

theseeker
06-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Agree with Zach. Now with the buyer protection, where is the risk?