PDA

View Full Version : WSSCA Seattle Show next week!

keithlyt
05-28-2011, 07:16 PM
The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) 39th Annual Summer Convention will be held June 4th and 5th.

A list of dealers; hours and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: http://www.wssca.net/

it is a great show, with a great group of people. Looking forward to seeing everyone there! lots of pre-war cards; PCL; vintage memorabilia. ALWAYS many treasures to be found. Stop by and say hello!

Keith Schneider dba/Gasoline Alley Antiques

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/sports/index.htm

oaks1912
05-28-2011, 08:50 PM
One of the last remaining great small shows. Look forward to seeing the regulars at the event, and at the dinners. I think it's Andrew's turn to buy on Saturday night. I'll have a bunch of new stuff, including jerseys, PCL cards, Cuban cards plus a few things that "might" turn up on the way there...;)

williamcohon
05-28-2011, 11:34 PM
I've been to the W.S.S.C.A. shows many times, and they are always really fun. But this is the first time I'll be SELLING at it. I am helping a friend in failing health; he needs money more than cards.

If you are interested in raw cards from the 50's and 60's, stop buy. I have a zillion of them priced to sell.

I'm looking forward to the festivities, and hope to see everybody there.

qed2190
05-31-2011, 02:30 PM
I look forward to it, lots of vintage stuff there.

E93
05-31-2011, 03:48 PM
I might try to make it on Sunday. Is this the old Tacoma Dome show?
JimB

qed2190
05-31-2011, 08:27 PM
It's held at the Meridian Park school in the Shoreline area of North Seattle

drc
05-31-2011, 08:55 PM
I've been a few times, including at their current location, and it's good show. Worth attending.

caramelcard
06-01-2011, 01:27 PM
I've been going to this show for years.

It seems there's more vintage cards here then when I first started attending and also more vintage collectors to chat with.

For those wondering who collect early baseball cards...you'll see obaks, zeenuts, mainstream tobaccos, minor league tobaccos, bread cards, candies, etc.

So, yeah, it's worth coming to the show.

See ya there.

Rob

AndrewJerome
06-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I can't wait to see the cast of characters that come out of the woodwork for this show!

Mark--isn't it still Terry's turn to buy?

JimB--this will be the 39th WSSCA summer show, longest continuous running show in the US--separate from the Tacoma Dome shows, which were a lot of fun as well. Several founding members of WSSCA from back in 1973 still attend the show, including Larry Moe, Steve Mitchell, and Frank Caruso.

Hope to see some Net 54ers this weekend,

Andrew

Davids
06-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi Andrew:The "Canadians"are coming (2 carloads, I think!) Looking forward to seeing you, Mark, Dave E and Dave T . See you Saturday. (always find something I want and, be warned, our money is now worth more so there could be a shopping frenzy!)

Wihawk
06-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Boy O' Boy, I'd love to make it. Its about 3 hours driving each way for me. I'd love to peruse all the t206's etc. and meet some fellow collectors. Maybe......

Davids
06-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Oops! Correction, they are playing for something called "The Stanley Cup" (ever hear of it? :<) ) on Saturday and my copilot doesn't want to take any chances of border delays. See you all on Sunday.

E93
06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I'll be there on Sunday with a football card friend from Portland.
JimB

keithlyt
06-03-2011, 04:10 PM
just got done digging thru the CLOSET OF HIDDEN TREASURES. should be something for everyone! see you there! Keith :D

tlwise12
06-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Did anyone pick anything up at the show? I would have loved to come as I bet there were some nice PCL issues...

Travis

familytoad
06-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I couldn't make it<AGAIN!>
I had signed up for a 3K Health And Fitness fair w/my daughter a month or two ago, not realizing that it would conflict with the NW's best show of all time.
While I guess I am that much healthier now, and even my wallet is healthier...but I REALLY wanted to go this time...I miss seeing pals Andrew, Mark Macrae, Rob A and maybe I even would have seen Rich F. (email me, I still owe you some trade stuff!)

OH Well, I hope the show was great for everyone.
Use this thread to tell us all you saw, all you bought and any other happenings!

Oh and If you came away with extra C46 cards, let's talk!

E93
06-05-2011, 11:39 PM
The show was great and a lot of fun. I had not been to a local show like that in years. There was quite a bit of interesting vintage stuff and it was a lot of fun hanging out with fellow board members like Rob Adesso and Mark Macrae who were both set up. Will definitely make the road trip next time.
JimB

keithlyt
06-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Nice to see old friends and meet some new ones. a great show and a great bunch of people. always a pleasure. The only downer :( was the Chinese Restaurant went out of business the week before!!!! but a new location has been scouted and passed with flying colors. :D Hope to see you all at the next show. Keith

Kawika
06-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Wish I had popped down from Victoria but I wasn't up for the two hour ferry ride. Maybe next year.

caramelcard
06-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I thought it was a fun show and very nice to chat with several folks...some that drove quite a distance.

It's twice a year during this show when I'm with collector friends that I don't feel quite so crazy and alone with my vintage baseball habits!

Mystery man Matt Sears even made an appearance...

Thanks Andrew.

Rob

williamcohon
06-06-2011, 11:30 PM
I know I enjoyed myself. It was strange being on the other side of the table! Thanks to the fine customers and dealers, we raised a good chunk of change for my friend-in-need.

Thank you to Andrew, for his organization and dedication. Thank you to my friend Randy, for manning the table with me. And thanks to the other dealers and club members for being so friendly and supportive.

Hope to see you next time.

Davids
06-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi Bill: Nice meeting you and chatting. Very happy with my purchases and wish I acquired more. I sent you a private email (unless technology has failed me) hoping to obtain one more in particular! Bye for now, Dave

oaks1912
06-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks again to Andrew for all his efforts. While the attendance isn't enormous, the collective knowledge in the room is beyond impressive, and the atmosphere is the polar opposite of tense. Always great to see the regulars, a few irregulars (in more ways than one) and meet first timers. PIcked up some nice stuff as well, and nobody mentioned yet the "new" Zeenut that turned up, in near mint condition, with light staining......;)

Davids
06-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi Keith:Enjoyed chatting with you and Mark about the Vancouver Mounties. I meant to get back for round 2 but had to run for the border. Sorry. Next time for sure, Dave