PDA

View Full Version : Great to be a Boston SPORTS Fan!

greenmonster66
05-28-2011, 11:04 AM
What a great feeling to be a beloved Boston sports fan all of my life. Every year practically each Boston team is a contender no matter if they win it all or not.

After all Bruins finally make it all the way to Stanley Cup, Sox are back in first and playing awesome, Patriots win 3 Superbowls in past 6 years and Celtics enough said too many championships to recall at my age!

Love being a die hard Boston fan and will be until the day god takes me away from this earth!!!

HRBAKER
05-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Yeah and the coffee at Dunkin Donuts is great too!

greenmonster66
05-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah that too!!!! :-)

ChiefBenderForever
05-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Yeah well you got nothing on Connecticut and the WNBA SUN !!!!!!!!!

tiger8mush
05-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Patriots win 3 Superbowls in past 6 years

They last won a SB in the 2004 season, so thats zero in the past 6 years :)

TUM301
05-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Good times that`s for sure. Wow, that was one hell of a game seven last nite. Sox are the hottest team in MLB, Pats will be as tough as ever and the C`s will pull something off to stay in title contention. Being old enough to remember the last cup in 1972 I always tell younger sports fan in this area the same thing. It doesn`t matter how many S Bowls the Pats and Brady win, W Series the Sox take, or Titles the celts add to their league leading amount, there will NEVER be a bigger more popular or beloved player in New England than # 4 Robert Gordon Orr. The only way I can put it for fans that never saw him is, he was Jordan before Jordan came along. Go Bruins !!!! PS Hail The Chief #9

mintacular
05-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Nevermind

pgellis
05-30-2011, 08:08 AM
The best is that I am a Boston fan EXCEPT the Patriots. My team is the Green Bay Packers, but Bruins, Red Sox & Celts.

So, Packers - Champions 3 months ago.
Red Sox - Back in 1st Place and looking great
Celts - Champions a couple of years ago.
Bruins - IN THE CUP!

sox1903wschamp
05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Good times that`s for sure. Wow, that was one hell of a game seven last nite. Sox are the hottest team in MLB, Pats will be as tough as ever and the C`s will pull something off to stay in title contention. Being old enough to remember the last cup in 1972 I always tell younger sports fan in this area the same thing. It doesn`t matter how many S Bowls the Pats and Brady win, W Series the Sox take, or Titles the celts add to their league leading amount, there will NEVER be a bigger more popular or beloved player in New England than # 4 Robert Gordon Orr. The only way I can put it for fans that never saw him is, he was Jordan before Jordan came along. Go Bruins !!!! PS Hail The Chief #9

You said it! Well put. I was 12 when the Bruins last won the cup and I thought I would see plenty more to come. Well, I am 50+ and still waiting. Maybe this year. I kept my scrapebook of the 71-72 team and this is the last page of the scrapebook. 5/10/70 still the greatest moment of my sports life although 2/3/02 when the Pats won SB 36 is right behind it. Red Sox in 04 is third on the list.

Ladder7
06-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Was lucky to watch two B's championships (on a 9"b/w TV). Would have been three, if not for the SOB Ken Dryden!

Vancouver is favored. But I prefer it that way :)

Go Bruins!

http://www.paulhadams.com/Boston_Garden_800x588.jpg

greenmonster66
06-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Love the pic steve!

TUM301
06-02-2011, 05:19 PM
What the hell, if this power play was even average, no not average. Lousy, no lousy isn`t what`s needed here, pathetic, pathetic maybe good enough. No No I`ve got it if the Bruins power play was SLIGHTLY BETTER than the worst p play unit in history they`d have a good chance of winning this thing. Maybe, like they do in the NFL, when the ref raises him arm for a delayed penalty call the Bruins team captain can look over to see if Claude would rather DECLINE the thing than skate with a man advantage. A 4 min major and a 90 second 5 on 3, you`ve got to be kidding. O K rant over, B`s take game 2 sat nite. Go #9

Ladder7
06-07-2011, 05:30 AM
Game 3 Boston,

It was great to see my idol Bobby in the stands last night!

Rome's late hit on Horton seemed like a deliberate attempt to injure, to the B's bench. The way his arm stiffened and his eyes rolled back, he appeared like many of my MVA victims with subdurals... A severe concussion at best. Lets hope there are no lasting effects. The kid's a star in the making.

On a positive note. Several Canucks were tapping their sticks on the ice in support, as the medics wheeled him off to MGH. Doubtful, the result pleased Rome and he likely feels like shit today.

Regardless, a sleeping giant awakens. This could be a Series for the ages. Go B's

TUM301
06-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Wow, Bobby Orr is a pretty private guy. For him to show last nite, waving a Horton flag no less, was a sight to see. What a series !! Go B`s All hail the Chief #9

sox1903wschamp
06-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Just noticed your avatar Steve. Sweet. Hope we can keep the MO going. Starting to feel it. Huge game Friday night.

TUM301
06-14-2011, 07:54 AM
O K game 7 here we go. After going down 0-2 the Bruins just hopped for the chance to get here, played their asses off and will be giving Van all they can handle. Louongo is the wild card. Though I feel he`ll play better at home, he has to, the B`s will let it all out and win this series in 7. Go B`s !! All hail #9

pgellis
06-16-2011, 04:47 AM
How 'bout them B's!!!!!!!

What a great game. Great series. Awesome to see Chara, Thomas, Recchi, Horton, Marchand, et. al raise the Cup.

Boy, I'm spoiled. My Packers win the Super Bowl 4 months ago and now the B's!!!!!! Life is good!

scooter729
06-16-2011, 09:39 AM
On top of getting to celebrate the B's winning the Cup, I also get to cash in on a long-shot $25 bet made on my Vegas trip last October.

$25 x 18-1 odds = $450 win for me! Sweet!

sox1903wschamp
06-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Congrats to the Bruins. It is times like this that I wish I still lived in Boston.

7 Major Championships in less then a decade. The Grand Slam of sports titles from Feb, 2005 to June 2011. I can safely say that I am a "Spoiled Sports Brat".

This one was sweet and I will not comment on the Canucks. Only Congrats to the best team in Hockey, the Boston Bruins.

Ladder7
06-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Love the underdog. Especially when it's the homeboys.

Away at bikeweek and tried to listen in a bar full of loud drunks. Hope NESN reruns game 7 next week!

Orioles1954
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah, well Baltimore is the only city to win a football title in four different leagues: NFL (two different franchises), USFL, CFL and AFL. As for the Orioles, at least 1960 to 1985 was great! :)