PDA

View Full Version : Aiglon Chocolat - Sugar Ray Robinson

big80s
05-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Hello there,
This is my first time posting anything over here at Net54 - but I've heard lots of great things about you all from the CU boards. I collect primarily vintage boxing, in addition to a little baseball, basketball & football. But boxing is definitely my focus. Anyhow, I've been acquiring some cards lately that I haven't been able to find any info on - and wanted to see if you guys could help steer me in the right direction.

First off, the Aiglon Chocolat card of Sugar Ray Robinson

http://www.cardmine.co.uk/list22/a220006.jpg

It measures about 3 3/8" x 5 1/4" and it's super thin paper stock.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

D. Bergin
05-17-2011, 10:48 AM
I've had at least a couple over the years, wish I kept better records. 1956 is the year associated with it, but I don't know how accurate that is.

They pop up from overseas sellers from time to time. I don't think it is particularly rare.

I was thinking it was from France but from the backscan I have, the text is in two different languages. Maybe Belgium or Switzerland.

It is a very attractive over-sized card.

big80s
06-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Thank you for responding. I couldn't track down a year - so it's good to know it's 1956. Much appreciated.

Jeff

Leon
06-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Hello there,
This is my first time posting anything over here at Net54 - but I've heard lots of great things about you all from the CU boards.

Hi Jeff
Welcome to Net54.....if I can ever be of any help let me know....happy collecting!!

big80s
07-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Thank you, Leon! You guys have a wonderful resource with these boards. I look forward to contributing more often.

Jeff