PDA

View Full Version : storage for 1947-1966 Exhibits

shaunsteig
05-07-2011, 07:48 PM
I recently acquired a lot of raw Exhibits from 1947-1966. Their larger size precludes storing them in the "standard"-sized card sleeves, holders, and boxes. I've tried to search a bit on this forum's archive and the internet, and couldn't locate an appropriate storage medium. Ideally I'd like to put them in sleeves in an album, but could also put them into a storage box. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
--S

rhettyeakley
05-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Card Saver IV's (or 4's for those not into roman numerals) are the right size for Exhibits, that's what I use (they are "semi-rigid" holders).

smtjoy
05-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Card saver IV as mention above and then I put them into these boxes-

Tall boy storage box, they hold quite a few cards and works well with graded, in sleeves and/or raw-

http://aboxfactory.com/tallboy.php

steve B
05-08-2011, 07:42 AM
For the few I have I either use no sleeve for the beat ones, or postcard sleeve and toploader for the nice ones.
slightly oversize stuff like exhibits I keep in a shoebox box without the center divider. A bit awkward as they're sideways, but it's better for most postcards since it matches the horizontal format.

Steve B

shaunsteig
05-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the multiple inputs and suggestions -- the CardSaver IV seem right for protecting the individual cards and A Box Factory makes great storage cases that I've used previously. Would anyone know if the CardSaver IVs fit within their tallboy storage tray? The internal width of the tray is listed as 4-3/8" while the CardSaver IVs are listed as 4-1/2" wide, so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried that.

Thanks,
--S

JasonD08
05-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Who won the 1947-66 exhibits set from REA? If interested in breaking I need only 2-3 cards. I was underbidder on that one.

Thanks
Jason

shaunsteig
05-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Who won the 1947-66 exhibits set from REA? If interested in breaking I need only 2-3 cards. I was underbidder on that one.

Thanks
Jason

wasn't me ;)
that lot was a bit out of my price range.
--S