PDA

View Full Version : Help Me I'm confused....

mintacular
05-05-2011, 08:40 PM
This is more important than baseball cards, what the hell is going on with this changing story of how bin Laden's death went down? Here are some facts that seem to have "changed" in recent days:

1. There was no "firefight", one of bin Laden's couriers had a gun and was shot immediately
2. bin Laden's wife was not a "human shield" as originally reported
3.One of the helicopter's did not have mechanical failure, an issue with landing
4. bin Laden was not armed but had weapons near him?
5. It was not a kill mission as reported yet he was not threat so they killed him? Now we are told there were weapons near him?
6. Photographs not released, perhaps it could provide evidence that he was shot execution-style?

I'm all for his being taken out but don't appreciate the "spin" and the media reporting the White House version of the truth---not trying to make this a partisan debate but I don't like being lied to by the WH and the media repeating these lies?

calvindog
05-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Politicians lie. Who cares. He's dead.

mintacular
05-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Here is a link to a Politico news report that spurred my reaction:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54425.html

howard38
05-05-2011, 09:08 PM

Almost exactly what I was going to write.

Peter_Spaeth
05-05-2011, 09:09 PM

How do you know?

jcmtiger
05-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Yes, same with me. Who CARES!

Joe

Leon
05-05-2011, 09:11 PM
So we had the one thread when Osama got killed. Sort of political but such an important and wonderful day, no problem posting about it.

Now we have another thread. I don't know...we could discuss this all day long and not much will come of it. I would really prefer to talk about cards on the board. I agree with Jeff, he's dead. End of that part of the story and the rest is politics. regards