PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers autographs worth buying at estate sale?

cubsguy1969
05-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Hello. This piece is advertised at an estate sale I may go to in the morning. Do these look legit? Any idea on a fair price? Thanks for any opinions. Rob

murphusa
05-05-2011, 09:11 PM
I would buy it

gashouse34
05-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Arky Vaughan signed twice and Waner makes it fairly valuable...If you can get it at a decent price I think it's definately worth taking a chance on IMHO. If authentic it could be worth $600 or more.

RichardSimon
05-05-2011, 09:22 PM
I suggest you compare the two Vaughan signatures.

Kawika
05-05-2011, 10:03 PM
I suggest you compare the two Vaughan signatures.

Looks like Arky Vaughan and Arky Vaughn to me.

cubsguy1969
05-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the input. The Vaughan/Vaughn thing definitely gives me pause. I may just skip it. People get to these estate sales at ridiculous hours around here anyway, and it's tough for me to make it when I have to take my son to school in the morning.

Anyone else ever find sports memorabilia at tag sales? I bought a Jackie Robinson auto a year or so ago for a pretty good price. I regularly find game programs and sports-related books. Almost never cards, though. I guess most people know they have value. They're either overpriced or beat to hell.

Thanks again.
Rob

murphusa
05-06-2011, 07:14 AM
all said, If I went to a garage sale or estate sale and saw this I would buy it if it was at a good price. While some of the signatures may be clubhouse, I think it is a neat item

cubsguy1969
05-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Thank you. I might take a chance, too, if I were there and happened upon it and the price was right. But in this case, the sale is being run by one of the "professional" tag sale people and I'm sure she did some research and won't be giving it away. There's also the matter of whether I'd even have a shot at it. She only lets so many people in at a time and it might be gone by the time I get in the house. I was weighing whether it was worth investing the time to get there super early.
I love going to estate sales, but it's super-competitive around here. A lot of folks do it for a living (I supplement my income with it), and have been known to sleep overnight in their cars to be the first in a good house.

BillyCoxDodgers3B
05-06-2011, 07:31 AM
The Arky on the left is clubhouse. Whoever signed it on his behalf also took a similar liberty with the signature of Augie Galan. The Newsom also appears to be problematic and the Medwick is also rather odd in formation. That being said, it would still likely be an affordable way to pick up a Vaughn and Waner.