PDA

View Full Version : Mini Felt Pennants - sports and hollywood - help needed pls

baseball tourist
05-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi! Picked up this lot of small pennants. Actors, baseball, college etc. I ammnot familiar with these and would appreciate any info (age, manufacturer, value etc). Thanks!
http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u349/stealhome/4f4e054e.jpg

leftygrove10
05-03-2011, 12:18 PM
I have several Lefty Grove pennants like this and they were issued in 1936 or 1937. I assume that the same is true for these pennants.... Perhaps someone else will confirm this....

As far as value, I don't really know for sure because these are not baseball.... Probably anywhere from $20 each to $100 each, depending on the person/team.... I would imagine that individual players/people would be more valuable than team pennants... But once again, I really don't have a clue... Hopefully someone else will answer the value question....

baseball tourist
05-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks! At least one baseball, I think? The Red Wings International League - Rochester's long standing AAA franchise.

rhettyeakley
05-03-2011, 01:06 PM
They are 1936-38 BF3 mini pennants produced by the Red Ball Gum Co. (and other gum co.'s) and sold along with sticks of gum in small little envelopes. We know them best for their baseball pennants but they produced Colleges and Movie Stars as well.

The "Red Wings" and "Vols" pennants you have are fairly tough to find minor league baseball teams (notice the Int'l in the circle on the Red Wings Pennant, That stands for International League and the Sou'n Ass'n on the Vols stands for the Southern Association). These are categorized as Type 11--they are listed in the SCD book.

Hope this helps
-Rhett

baseball tourist
05-03-2011, 01:14 PM
They are 1936-38 BF3 mini pennants produced by the Red Ball Gum Co. (and other gum co.'s) and sold along with sticks of gum in small little envelopes. We know them best for their baseball pennants but they produced Colleges and Movie Stars as well.

The "Red Wings" and "Vols" pennants you have are fairly tough to find minor league baseball teams (notice the Int'l in the circle on the Red Wings Pennant, That stands for International League and the Sou'n Ass'n on the Vols stands for the Southern Association). These are categorized as Type 11--they are listed in the SCD book.

Hope this helps
-Rhett

Thanks Rhett. I was guessing 1940's, so not too far off.