PDA

View Full Version : PSA qualifiers transfer to SGC?

sycks22
04-30-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm debating to buy a couple cards that have a PSA OC qualifier. Has anyone had experience with having say a PSA 7oc transfer to SGC? Would it drop a couple grades? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

srs1a
04-30-2011, 04:06 PM
As an experiment, I cracked 2 PSA-8 OCs to SGC. They came back a 5 and a 6. If they are borderline OC, you might get a single grade drop, but if they are badly OC you will likely get smacked around.

sycks22
04-30-2011, 04:51 PM
I appreciate the info

Bilko G
05-01-2011, 12:07 AM
If they are borderline OC, you might get a single grade drop, but if they are badly OC you will likely get smacked around.

Thats just it, it depends how poorly OC they are. I just recently saw a PSA 9 (OC) get cracked out and resubmitted to PSA and it came back as a straight PSA 9 with no OC qualifier at all. I believe the card was from the 70's, Dave Windfield RC i believe, but you get my point :)

pclpads
05-01-2011, 12:06 PM
JMHO, but subbing a slabbed card w/ a "Q" to another TPG, is just throwing $ away and begging for an un-objective review and certain grade drop. If it were me, I'd bust it and sub it raw. I think that way, your odds are improved on getting a better and impartial grade.