PDA

View Full Version : T206,T207 on ANTIQUES ROADSHOW

nebboy
04-29-2011, 12:24 PM
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW

At the end of last nights show there was a preview of the next weeks show filmed at the Biloxi Mississippi Coast Convention center. The I got a tiny snip-it of a raw T207 for sure and maybe a couple of T206s.

Should be interesting what the expert has to say.

slidekellyslide
04-29-2011, 02:37 PM
On another note the next episode of Auction Hunters (Spike channel?) they find a Joe Jackson endorsed baseball glove. I think the show airs on Tuesday nights...not sure because I have set to automatic DVR and I just watch it at my convenience.

dougd
04-30-2011, 08:13 AM
This is actually the same "Louisiana Find" that is being featured on the current REA auction. The "stunned" guy is GeorgeD. It aired on May 2, 2011 on the Biloxi Hour 1 episode. This is the clip:

http://video.pbs.org/video/1873458730

John V
05-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Did anyone see tonight's episode? I'm not familiar with the card issues reviewed. In particular, they estimated the T207 Loudermilk to have a value of $15,000 to $20,000.

BobbyVCP
05-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Did anyone see tonight's episode? I'm not familiar with the card issues reviewed. In particular, they estimated the T207 Loudermilk to have a value of $15,000 to $20,000.

Reason for it being so high is it is a Red Cross back and up until that find only a very small few RC backs where even known to exist. The Lowdermilk card is the Wagner of that set.

CW
05-02-2011, 08:12 PM
This is actually the same "Louisiana Find" that is being featured on the current REA auction. The "stunned" guy is GeorgeD. It aired on May 2, 2011 on the Biloxi Hour 1 episode. This is the clip:

http://video.pbs.org/video/1873458730

So, did he initially find out about the rarity of these cards
on Antiques Roadshow, or did he first learn about them on the
Full Count board? If it's the latter, was the Antiques Roadshow
a staged appraisal (ie. they were just "acting" and it was no
coincidence that he happened to bring the Red Cross Lowdermilk?)

I'm confused.... :confused: :p

edit: very interesting! Thanks for the explanation below, Doug!

dougd
05-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Antiques Roadshow was first. Back in early August, I think. He posted on the Full Count Board after returning from the show. Simeon Lipman put GeorgeD in touch with someone that ended up getting him to consign with REA.

One of his grandsons did suspect that the Lowdermilk may have been valuable based on internet searches. The other 5 cards were chosen at random and carried to Biloxi and the Antiques Roadshow on a roadtrip along the Gulf Coast.

greenmonster66
05-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Looks like these cards are in REA auction (under the Louisiana Find!)

https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/default.aspx?catid=107

tbob
05-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Doug- thanks a lot for posting the link to the Antiques Roadshow episode it is much appreciated!
tbob

Exhibitman
05-04-2011, 06:48 AM
My wife--who tolerates my collecting obsession with the same resigned detachment as a parent has to show for a toddler's play time--was watching the show with me and when the cards came up. I told her some background on the issues and that they were in the REA auction. I then showed her the catalog and let her read the write-up on the group. She came away impressed with both the finances (how much money the cards were worth--noncollectors always go there first) and the professionalism of the sales effort. Although she knows intellectually that there is big money and sophisticated purchasing on the lines of art or antiques involved in card collecting I dont think it really sunk in until that evening that this is a serious endeavor engaged in by adults.

05-04-2011, 07:46 AM
My wife--who tolerates my collecting obsession with the same resigned detachment as a parent has to show for a toddler's play time--was watching the show with me and when the cards came up. I told her some background on the issues and that they were in the REA auction. I then showed her the catalog and let her read the write-up on the group. She came away impressed with both the finances (how much money the cards were worth--noncollectors always go there first) and the professionalism of the sales effort. Although she knows intellectually that there is big money and sophisticated purchasing on the lines of art or antiques involved in card collecting I dont think it really sunk in until that evening that this is a serious endeavor engaged in by adults.

That's exactly what happened at my house. +1