PDA

View Full Version : 1962 Topps prices

John V
04-29-2011, 05:04 AM
I wandered in to the last surviving card shop in my area. The owner has hundreds of 1962 Topps that he bought from the son of a local (deceased) collector. All the star cards are gone, leaving lots of commons and minor stars.
From my quick review, I would estimate condition to be Ex-Mt or better. Nice cards. What price range is appropriate for these? The majority are at $3, $4 or $5 each.

bbcard1
04-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Assuming there is nothing odd...like the variations or high numbers in there...it seems like a reasonable to expected retail.

mintacular
04-29-2011, 08:46 PM
but I would think 2-ish for true Ex-mt....centering/printlines/loss of glossy fronts/color/focus all this type of stuff should not allow you to pay more than $2-ish if they are not high quality....Anything that is clearly o/c you really shouldn't more than 2 or with obvious average corner wear. This # is sorta based on if you buy a lot of them...Well, you should do a completed listings on eBay for these lots and crunch the numbers, too....The prices you list seem high to me if they are your run of the mill average to slightly average common