PDA

View Full Version : W573 Values

morgan118
04-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi,

I just received a couple of 1922 W573 cards back from SGC and wanted to get a few opinions as to what some of the experts on the board might think the values may be. They are Rogers Hornsby and Emil Meusel and are both SGC 96 Mint 1 of 1's. The next highest grade for either card is SGC 80. I am not familiar with this issue but was lucky enough to find these raw examples and sent them in for grading. The SGC report indicated there are only 8 - SGC 96 examples out of 291 graded. No prior pricing exists on VCP obviously so I would be interested to see what any of you may think the value may be.

Thanks for your help.

Leon
04-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Hard to say the value. Strip cards in high grade aren't quite like other cards that weren't issued in strips, with respect to value. There is a 7.5 common on ebay right now...I would guess your common would be worth some more than it, just not sure how much. One way to find out is to auction them. It's going to be hard to say otherwise. Good luck.

fkw
04-28-2011, 11:21 PM
The key with your cards is they are centered well for the issue. Many of these when cut into their original vertical strips of 10 cards (34" by 2") were cut off center side to side.

funny thing is I have the Hornsby and E.Meusel in uncut form, they are not on the same strip but I have a few of these strips and both of the strips they are on are framed together (sorry about the bad pic)

http://centuryoldcards.com/images/w573x2frame.jpg

The strips of these W573's dont sell well IMO, I know they would sell for more $$ if cut up into individual cards, But I could never do that on a nice strip.

I would think yours may have been recently cut if they could get a 96. I dont like that a recently cut cards CAN get a number grade myself, but wouldnt balk if the cards I sent in came back with 80 or above, but on the very few sharp "W" cards Ive sent in I have yet to get anything but a "A" grade.

Nice cards, like I said key on yours is the side to side centering. I would be guessing if I was to try to value your 2 cards, but I would love to know what they are worth myself too :)

morgan118
04-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Your responses are very much appreciated. Thanks.