PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Sport

HeroesOfSport
04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that we decided not to do another auction. Sometimes you don't know how something will work out until you try it. After putting one together from start to finish I decided it wasn't where I wanted to take my company, but I want to sincerely thank everyone that believed in us enough to consign and bid. I was honored that people entrusted parts of their collection and their money to bid.

We have decided to focus on direct to consumer graded card sales. Our focus is going to be vintage cards graded by PSA and SGC. We just listed over 2,000 cards on eBay yesterday. However, we also have those same cards on our website www.heroesofsportinc.com for 12% lower than our eBay price. I'd rather see the people I do business with get a card at a better price than both of us give our money away to eBay.

I promise I won't be on here soliciting business anymore, just didn't want people to waste money if they ever see anything on eBay they need. If anyone needs to get a hold of me, you can always always reach me on my cell: 503-621-7386 or email: heroesofsport@yahoo.com

Thank You,
Will J

Pup6913
04-28-2011, 11:54 PM
no scans of backs or even mention of the type of backs. :( not good

HeroesOfSport
04-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Andrew,

I agree with you, we should have included back scans. To be honest, we were listing 2,000 cards twice (on our website & eBay) and should have included them even though it is far more time consuming. I know you aren't the only person that feels this way, and every batch from here on forward all cards from 1952 and earlier will have back scans.

If you or anyone else needs a back scan of a card or group of cards, please email me at heroesofsport@yahoo.com and I will get a scan up on the website by Monday evening/Tuesday afternoon. Also, if anyone is afraid of missing out on a card because they will have to wait for the scan, we do have a 3-Day no questions asked return policy on single cards or entire orders.

Will J

usernamealreadytaken
04-29-2011, 08:19 AM
I nabbed 4 Sler's off Heroes Ebay store that had very competitive BIN's (They are in transit as we type). Very good prices! I would suggest taking a look at what he's got.

spacktrack
04-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Will has a great selection of cards available and I'm sure he'll continue working to add to it. I recommend Will and Heroes, and I've been happy to turn to Will for advice at times because of the experience and knowledge that he has from his many years in the hobby. Best of luck with the site Will--it looks awesome.

Brian

freakhappy
04-29-2011, 09:50 AM
I third that...I just purchased my first card from Will and so far so good...I also have my eye on a few more. It's nice to know you can pick them up even cheaper on your website...thanks for informing us!

Also, very fast to communicate back with any questions.

Thanks Will!

E93
04-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Good luck with everything WIll.
JimB

Rich Klein
04-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Talk to Leon and see about posting your cards on Grand Slam Bids -- I believe you'll find the fees better than EBay and any sales you make will add to your pocket as well

Rich

HeroesOfSport
04-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks Rich! I will shoot Leon an email here shortly. Have a great weekend. Will J

Griffins
04-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Will brokered a 6 figure deal for me a couple of years ago and it could not have gone smoother. Professional in every way, and a pleasure to work with.

cfc1909
04-30-2011, 03:31 PM
I asked for a back scan through ebay-ebay id cfc1909
email stemmers37@att.net

don't want to post what card I am interested in here

thanks for your time

rp12367
05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Andrew,

I agree with you, we should have included back scans. To be honest, we were listing 2,000 cards twice (on our website & eBay) and should have included them even though it is far more time consuming. I know you aren't the only person that feels this way, and every batch from here on forward all cards from 1952 and earlier will have back scans.

Will, I was just wondering I saw you listed a large group of T206 on e-bay and also on your website. I didn't see any back images, are they forthcoming or should I/we e-mail for back scans. Thanks Ralph

HeroesOfSport
05-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Ralph,

We have been doing our best to add back scans to everything we pu on the site for cards from 1952 and back. If we missed something, please email us at: Heroesofsport@yahoo.com

We will try and add the scan to the site as soon as we hear back from you. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will J

Jaybird
05-13-2011, 11:22 AM
I tried to order off the site back when you first posted and had a problem. It charged shipping and then when I went to go pay it with paypal, it added shipping again. I sent a query but never received a response. Just want to post here in case anyone else had been hit with double shipping.

I just canceled the order at that point.

mintacular
05-13-2011, 11:25 AM
I would think all tobacco cards and high $ cards should have an automatic back scan, count me out of buying if none is provided

HeroesOfSport
05-15-2011, 11:59 AM
We definitely had some kinks to work out when the site went live. For some reason paypal was double charging for shipping. We finally figured it out (dealing with paypal can be very challenging!). If anyone was double charged please email us at Heroesofsport@yahoo.com and we'll refund the whole shipping amount to make up for your lost time.

We are adding back scans on everything 1952 and back from now on. We had quite a few emails to add back scans when we posted the first 2,000 cards or so. It was a crazy week and we did our best to get all of them added. If anyone is interested in something that doesn't have a back scan, please shoot us an email and we'll get it right up.

Have a great Sunday,

Will J