PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Famers in T card sets

Jmad
04-27-2011, 01:23 PM
I was reading the "Rank your favorite set" thread and thought of a good thread topic for beginner T cards collectors like myself.

I am targeting HOF'ers specifically and am wondering which T card sets include them. There are several HOF players that are obscure to me and in looking at checklists it can be hard to determine if they are included or not without referencing a list of HOF'ers. I'm sure this will change (and has a little already) once I have familiarized myself with some of the older players that may not have been household names.

205/206/207 are the biggies and most should know the HOF players in those.

This isn't necessarily a thread to name the players in each set, moreso just to identify which sets have them. If you want to list the players, even better!

Respond if you would like to contribute as I think it will help all of us newb's out (and selfishly save a lot of time :D )!!

pgellis
04-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Not exactly sure what you are asking here, but I will add that the T206 has 38 different HOFers in the set with many of them having multiple cards.

Jmad
04-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Not exactly sure what you are asking here, but I will add that the T206 has 38 different HOFers in the set with many of them having multiple cards.

Just to be clear, I was asking which sets include Hall of Fame players. For example, the T212 set, are there any hall of fame players? For someone like myself that does not recognize some of the HOF names (Harry Hooper- although I do now and realize he was a heck of a player) scanning through a checklist, this would be helpful.

I know its a pretty simple question for a lot of you that know these sets back and forth, but for me it is daunting!!

Hope this brings a little clarity to the question!

Matt
04-27-2011, 01:56 PM
This info is actually freely available at www.vintagecardprices.com - no need to pay anything to search their checklists and sort by the "HOF" column to see a list of the HOFers in each issue.

PolarBear
04-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Good question. Is there a tally anywhere of each set with the number of HOFers in the set?

Jmad
04-27-2011, 02:12 PM
This info is actually freely available at www.vintagecardprices.com - no need to pay anything to search their checklists and sort by the "HOF" column to see a list of the HOFers in each issue.

Matt,
That is great news- thanks for the tip! I actually signed up with them yesterday and have not made it past checking sales results! What a time saver!!!

In 5 minutes I just figured out Stengel is the only HOF member in the T210 set! Thanks again!!

Matt
04-27-2011, 03:01 PM
My pleasure. Welcome to the forum!

x2drich2000
04-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Don, I think this thread would be a great start for what you're asking.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=122291&highlight=E253

dj