PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Fleer #555

wolfdogg
04-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Does anybody here have all (3) of the 1982 Fleer #555 Darrell Jackson variations? I need one of them but would to put them side-by-side to tell difference.

I used to try to put "master sets" together with every variation that I knew of from sets from 70's up to '86 (Topps, Donruss and Fleer) and still need that one card for that set. (think I still need a few of the "finger" cards from the '81 Fleer set...have to look)

If anyone has all 3 and can send me scans I would greatly appreciate it.....AND....if anyone has them for sale let me know...I want 'em!

ALR-bishop
06-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Yes, I do. In fact when Bob L was looking for confirmation of all 3 i sent him color copies of mine and he put pictures of them in one of his SCD articles. I can send them to you if you give me shipping address

Rich Klein
06-17-2011, 06:46 PM
But I think there were only like 4 finger cards. Memory says Britt Burns RC was one and why do I think Davey Lopes may have been another.

Good memories on those cards

Rich

ALR-bishop
06-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Yes. I did those too. It's a illness of some sort...and the Treadway "target" too

Bob Lemke
06-29-2011, 03:45 PM
114 Davy Lopes - back
126 Ron Cey - back
177 Rick Dempsey - front
215 Bill Bonham - back
251 Gary Matthews - back
342 Britt Burns - front

scmavl
07-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Could anyone explain the "finger" variations to me? I looked online and the best thing I found was a Britt Burns card with what looked like a piece of lint shaped like a "bird finger" on the front. Any explanations on origins? Thanks.

steve B
07-04-2011, 08:01 AM
They're from a later print run, and are either a bit of something that got into the platemaking process-Lint would be a possibility- or someone deliberately scratched the black plates in a few spots.

The deliberate scratching the plate seems the most plausible. Seen up close they look much less like random lint and more like a tiny pointing hand.

If it was lint in the process I'd expect to see them turn up in different spots with different colors. When they were new variations were very popular and the sets all got a load of close scrutiny. So if there had been blue, magenta or yellow ones I'd have thought they'd have been found.

Steve B

scmavl
07-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks, Steve.