PDA

View Full Version : Paper Loss at Tips of Corners

mintacular
04-22-2011, 10:59 AM
When is loss of paper on the tips of corners considered "paper loss" and when is it accepted as just "corner wear"? I've noticed some higher grade T205s with whiteness at the tip and to me some of it is significant enough to be considered "paper loss". Any experience/knowledge on this topic would be helpful and appreciated, especially as to how TPGs handle this condition defect...

barrysloate
04-22-2011, 11:03 AM
We've discussed this before as it does seem all paper loss should be treated somewhat equally. I assume the graders treat paper loss at the corner tips as natural wear, while damage to the back is considered unnatural.

k-dog
04-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Good question. I look forward to reading responses from those with a lot more experience than I have. From what I have seen in some PSA and SGC holders, paper loss on corners(depending on how much is actually gone) can still be graded as high as EX.

mintacular
04-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Did I ask this q before?----It's very possible, I have to be told something about 10-20 times before I remember :)

fkw
04-22-2011, 03:18 PM
On sharp T205s, I would think its more "gold leaf" (gold paint) flaking from the surface rather than actual "paper" lose, like would be found on the back of a card after it was pulled from an album.